How do I download files from the Web?
Author Message
 How do I download files from the Web?

I am using Excel 2000 VBA, which should be very similar to VB6.  I am trying
to download a file to the hard drive using an URL like:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

What is the best approach?  I assume I need an external reference to another
class library.  I am trying a combination of MSXML 3.0 and Microsoft
Scripting Runtime and the FileSystemObject.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Talbott

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 02:51:56 GMT
 How do I download files from the Web?
Take a look at the XMLHTTP object that is part of the MSXML library.
With it, you can make a request of a web site in the same manner as
typing in a URL in a browser.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:16:23 GMT

1. Auto Download of doc files into new doc file from a web site

2. Downloading file sets from a web site.

3. downloading web files (.xls) from a module

4. Downloading web files (txt, xls, etc) via a module

5. downloading .exe files from a Web server

6. download html file of the web

7. Downloading many files from a web page

8. auto download file from the web

9. problem with downloading large files from the web

10. Web download file

11. Script to download a file from the web?

12. Client Downloading multiple files from Web Server