VB App Web/Net Installation (Rephrasing the ?)
Author Message
 VB App Web/Net Installation (Rephrasing the ?)

Hey all,

    I am trying to learn how to deploy VB Apps via the Inter/Intra-Net, and
do it in a similar fassion to ActiveX Control deployment vice a WinZip Self
Extracting method.
    Since demo's or pictures always help me out, I have a site that you can
look at to show you what I am trying to do myself.  MPlayer has a client
program that you can download that allows you to do various {*filter*}
stuff....I am not a gammer, just so happens this {*filter*} site is the best
example I can give.  Go to http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;Get
Started with GameSpy" link.  On the next page, click the download option.
At this stage, there is a slight time delay (depends on your connection
speed) and an installation box opens up which is pretty much the same box
you see when an ActiveX Control is trying to install itself (is this a
possible format I should use?  if so, I am having a{*filter*}ens of a time with
it).  If you select yes, the program begins a standard looking installation.
(Don't install if you don't want to, I am just using this site as an
example)
    This method of deployment is what I am trying to do, but am not finding
much help on the subject....not saying there isn't just saying I am not
finding the resources.  Sure could use the help.  Thanks!

-- Andrew

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:48:07 GMT
 VB App Web/Net Installation (Rephrasing the ?)
Have you looked at package for the web from Installshield?

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Hey all,

>     I am trying to learn how to deploy VB Apps via the Inter/Intra-Net,
and
> do it in a similar fassion to ActiveX Control deployment vice a WinZip
Self
> Extracting method.
>     Since demo's or pictures always help me out, I have a site that you
can
> look at to show you what I am trying to do myself.  MPlayer has a client
> program that you can download that allows you to do various {*filter*}
> stuff....I am not a gammer, just so happens this {*filter*} site is the best
> example I can give.  Go to http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;Get
> Started with GameSpy" link.  On the next page, click the download option.
> At this stage, there is a slight time delay (depends on your connection
> speed) and an installation box opens up which is pretty much the same box
> you see when an ActiveX Control is trying to install itself (is this a
> possible format I should use?  if so, I am having a{*filter*}ens of a time with
> it).  If you select yes, the program begins a standard looking
installation.
> (Don't install if you don't want to, I am just using this site as an
> example)
>     This method of deployment is what I am trying to do, but am not
finding
> much help on the subject....not saying there isn't just saying I am not
> finding the resources.  Sure could use the help.  Thanks!

> -- Andrew

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 02:43:35 GMT

1. VB App Web/Net Installation

2. VB App Web/Net Installation

3. ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App

4. Conversion of VB.Net App to ASP .Net App

5. Referencing the Root in a VB.NET Web App

6. Host VB.NET Windows app in web browser?

7. ? vb asp.net web app

8. Moving a VB.Net Web app to production

9. Using SQL Server Application Roles in a VB.NET web app

10. Getting Login Failure with Web App in VB.net

11. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

12. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps