VB MultiThread
Author Message
 VB MultiThread

Hi there, I'm a VB programmer, I wonder if VB could run safely MultiThread.
I tried all the ways I know, but always crash in VB6 or VB5 IDE.

VB MultiThread???????
:(

Sledger

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:32:18 GMT
 VB MultiThread
ActiveX exe project

Quote:
> Hi there, I'm a VB programmer, I wonder if VB could run safely
MultiThread.
> I tried all the ways I know, but always crash in VB6 or VB5 IDE.

> VB MultiThread???????
> :(

> Sledger

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:47:43 GMT
 VB MultiThread
Sledger,

Alexander is right, but toi add to it:

You create an ActiveX project.  To get the ax project to create an object on
a seperate thread, you use CreateObject().  Also, to mimick async function
you use timers.  There is an example at www.vbaccelerator.com.  Even better,
check out the book Advanced Visual Basic 6 by Matthew Curland, which also
delves into using the CreateThread() API call (warning: very advanced)

Adrian.

Quote:
> Hi there, I'm a VB programmer, I wonder if VB could run safely
MultiThread.
> I tried all the ways I know, but always crash in VB6 or VB5 IDE.

> VB MultiThread???????
> :(

> Sledger

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 05:27:46 GMT
 VB MultiThread
Hi!

Essentially the VB Runtime is single threaded in nature, and thus, even if
you do a "Createthread", the runtime will crash. It isn't thread-safe.

If you really need to multi-thread, and that too in VB, I suggets VB.NET.
Else, you can easily do the same using VC++.

Regards,
Gaurav
http://www.wintoolzone.com/

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:19:24 GMT
 VB MultiThread

Quote:
> Essentially the VB Runtime is single threaded in nature, and thus, even if
> you do a "Createthread", the runtime will crash. It isn't thread-safe.

> If you really need to multi-thread, and that too in VB, I suggets VB.NET.
> Else, you can easily do the same using VC++.

Gee, I wonder why VB.NOT inspires such "forgetfulness" in various morons...

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=e0yo%23nouBHA.360%40tkmsftngp07

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ti4il33cc9i94f%40corp.supernews.com

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>     Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:28:04 GMT
 VB MultiThread
Just for you info, when we talk about threads, we don't limit ourselves to
just threads because of ActiveX objects... what about non-ActiveX projects
????

Kumar Gaurav Khanna
http://www.wintoolzone.com/

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 12:03:25 GMT
 VB MultiThread
Do I have to use SetTimer() and KillTimer() along with ActiveX EXE for
multithread?

Quote:
> ActiveX exe project

> > Hi there, I'm a VB programmer, I wonder if VB could run safely
> MultiThread.
> > I tried all the ways I know, but always crash in VB6 or VB5 IDE.

> > VB MultiThread???????
> > :(

> > Sledger

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 13:45:57 GMT
 VB MultiThread
Thanks a lot. I just checked out the code on www.vbaccelerator.com, it's
also made with ActiveX EXE + API call(SetTimer() and KillTimer()). So maybe
it's the best way to achieve multithread, is it right? Thanks, buddy!

Sledger

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:29:29 GMT

1. VB MultiThread

2. VB Multithread

3. VB MultiThread

4. VB Multithread

5. VB Multithread

6. VB Multithread

7. Multithread in vb

8. Does VB 4.0 support multithread?

9. multithread VB client error in Windows 2000

10. Using VC++ to create multithread VB control

11. Multithread and ado.net

12. MultiThread Problem