What database to use against the web?
Author Message
 What database to use against the web?

I am developing a WebClass application. What sort of database is safe to
use? Can I use an access database? Or will it break if there are too
many connections. My data access code is stateless, and I always close
the connection after a transaction.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ronny

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What database to use against the web?
Try SQL Server 7.0, or if its a smaller application MSDE which you can
download for free from Microsoft.

Quote:
> I am developing a WebClass application. What sort of database is safe to
> use? Can I use an access database? Or will it break if there are too
> many connections. My data access code is stateless, and I always close
> the connection after a transaction.

> Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

> Ronny

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Generic SQL tool that can be used against any database

2. Query Against Access DB over the Web

3. Newcomer: Filtering a dropdown list against another on a web page

4. Crystal .NET Web based report against Oracle

5. blank report using web using Web Forms Viewer

6. Searchable database on the web using Access 2002?

7. Urgent Help needed : Web Database Connectivity using VB5

8. web databases and cgi using VB5?

9. Web Database Development using VB5

10. Urgent : Web database connectivity using VB5

11. How to keep web database from getting reverse-engineered using url parameters

12. Creating a web browser from VB5 using ActiveX document .exe - With Access Database