ActiveX and client-side vbscript
Author Message
 ActiveX and client-side vbscript

I'm trying to execute a couple of procedures from a custom,
locally-installed activeX DLL using VBScript in my web page.

I would ultimately like the following code to work:

Set obj1 = CreateObject("Project1.Class1")
obj1.MyMethod

When the browser hits this client-side code it initializes the class
correctly, then it terminates it straight away and then it produces the
error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Project1.Class1'" at the
first line (CreateObject).

If I stuff the same code in to a .VBS file it works fine.

What am I missing? Help v. much appreciated

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:37:54 GMT
 ActiveX and client-side vbscript
I had that same thing too.  Try putting the Active X .dll in your
winnt/system directory.  After I did that, the web page saw it just fine.

Quote:
> I'm trying to execute a couple of procedures from a custom,
> locally-installed activeX DLL using VBScript in my web page.

> I would ultimately like the following code to work:

> Set obj1 = CreateObject("Project1.Class1")
> obj1.MyMethod

> When the browser hits this client-side code it initializes the class
> correctly, then it terminates it straight away and then it produces the
> error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Project1.Class1'" at the
> first line (CreateObject).

> If I stuff the same code in to a .VBS file it works fine.

> What am I missing? Help v. much appreciated

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:09:55 GMT

1. Client-side VBScript and Server-side VBScript?

2. pass server side vbscript to client side javascript

3. Calling client-side javascript function from server-side vbscript

4. dumb question - fundamentals of client-side vs server-side vbscript

5. getting server side vbscript array to client side jscript

6. Server side info in ActiveX Control (Client Side)

7. Strange behavior of VBscript/WMI into ASP (compared to VBscript/WMI into client-side application)

8. ? Get rid of VBScript title in msgbox (client Side VBScript)

9. ASP, Word, Client Side vbScript

10. Send an email using MAPI object (client side VBScript)

11. Accessing MSChart DataGrid.GetData function from client-side VBScript

12. Client side VBScript for form validation in an asp page