Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP
Author Message
 Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP

Hi,

I have a problem debugging ASP page (from InterDev) that makes calls to the
DLL component created with VB and residing in COM+ environment. MSDN
recommends to set Debugging property on COM+ "advanced" property page and
then debug DLL in VC++ environment.
BUT: when I step into VB code, I see only variables of type String, Long,
Double, and can't expand objects:
say:
    Set objMyObj = CreateObject("App.Id")  <--- can't view contents
    objMyObj.methodName("32424")

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Dmitry

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:19:07 GMT

1. Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP

2. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

3. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

4. Debugging VB COM Components used in ASP

5. Debug ASP with VB COM

6. Calling debugged component from Com+

7. COM DLL calling external non-COM DLL problem.

8. How to debug a COM component (VB DLL)?

9. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

10. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP in Windows 2003 Server

11. Debug a vb dll in asp

12. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page