HTML Application (.HTA) with IE6 - Bug?!
Author Message
 HTML Application (.HTA) with IE6 - Bug?!

I'm hoping someone can solve a frustrating problem that I've encountered.
I'm developing a small in-house web application to track service requests,
we run IE6 so I thought it would be cool to develop it as an HTA (for a
cleaner interface without all the branding and make it look and feel like a
real application - not a website per se).

My problem is this - whenever I create an Anchor reference and someone
clicks the link it gets the focus box around it ... I've spent a LOT of time
working on the UI and can't seem to get rid of it.  I did some tests and if
I load the page directly into the browser (not via the HTA file) it works
perfect - no focus boxes.  It only seems to do it when the pages are called
from the HTA?!

I would be extremely thankful to the person that could help me solve this
aesthetic issue ...

Thanks in advance,

Mark

PS.  Here is the HTA Application Tag I am using in case it is of any help:

 <HTA:APPLICATION ID="oHTA"
      APPLICATIONNAME="SupportWEB"
      BORDER="Thin"
      BORDERSTYLE="Normal"
      CAPTION="Yes"
   CONTEXTMENU="No"
      ICON="SupportWeb.ico"
   INNERBORDER="Yes"
      MAXIMIZEBUTTON="No"
      MINIMIZEBUTTON="Yes"
   NAVIGABLE="Yes"
   SCROLL="No"
   SCROLLFLAT="No"
   SELECTION="Yes"
      SHOWINTASKBAR="Yes"
      SINGLEINSTANCE="No"
      SYSMENU="Yes"
      VERSION="1.00.0"
      WINDOWSTATE="Normal"/>
 </HEAD>

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:21:50 GMT
 HTML Application (.HTA) with IE6 - Bug?!
I'm still hoping someone can help ... I've been debugging the problem and it
arises on my login form.  If I type my username then CLICK on the password
field, enter my password, then CLICK on the login (submit) button I don't
get the focus box around all my links on the subsequent pages.  However, if
I enter my username and then TAB to the password field to enter my password
and click ENTER to submit, all my links get a focus box around them when
clicked.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? (maybe a clear focus on
submit - but I don't know how to do this in JavaScript) ...

Thanks in advance,
M.

Quote:
> I'm hoping someone can solve a frustrating problem that I've encountered.
> I'm developing a small in-house web application to track service requests,
> we run IE6 so I thought it would be cool to develop it as an HTA (for a
> cleaner interface without all the branding and make it look and feel like
> real application - not a website per se).

> My problem is this - whenever I create an Anchor reference and someone
> clicks the link it gets the focus box around it ... I've spent a LOT of
time
> working on the UI and can't seem to get rid of it.  I did some tests and
if
> I load the page directly into the browser (not via the HTA file) it works
> perfect - no focus boxes.  It only seems to do it when the pages are
called
> from the HTA?!

> I would be extremely thankful to the person that could help me solve this
> aesthetic issue ...

> Thanks in advance,

> Mark

> PS.  Here is the HTA Application Tag I am using in case it is of any help:

>  <HTA:APPLICATION ID="oHTA"
>       APPLICATIONNAME="SupportWEB"
>       BORDER="Thin"
>       BORDERSTYLE="Normal"
>       CAPTION="Yes"
>    CONTEXTMENU="No"
>       ICON="SupportWeb.ico"
>    INNERBORDER="Yes"
>       MAXIMIZEBUTTON="No"
>       MINIMIZEBUTTON="Yes"
>    NAVIGABLE="Yes"
>    SCROLL="No"
>    SCROLLFLAT="No"
>    SELECTION="Yes"
>       SHOWINTASKBAR="Yes"
>       SINGLEINSTANCE="No"
>       SYSMENU="Yes"
>       VERSION="1.00.0"
>       WINDOWSTATE="Normal"/>
>  </HEAD>

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 08:38:16 GMT

1. Help with html application code (hta page)

2. Scripting HTA's HTA:APPLICATION Navigable property

3. BUG Problem PDF file reading in some IE6's

4. imagelist / treeview control on web page, bug ie6?

5. Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1

6. HTML calling HTA and returning a value.

7. Context-sensitive HTML help with an HTA?

8. Long running html apps (.hta's)

9. Accessing HTA's form a HTML site

10. PROBLEM!!-->VB Application/IE6 crashing behavior when running a WinNT built app on WinXP

11. Help with HTA (Hyper Text Application)

12. Q: DoEvents equivalent for HTA applications?