permission problem with com dll ???
Author Message
 permission problem with com dll ???

Hi all,

I have developed a COM dll that is responsible for creating directories and
copying content from templates on web server (below the inetpub\wwwroot
directory). When I debug the dll from a VB project it works fine; it creates
the directory, copies content from templates etc. But when I run dll from an
ASP page (that will get input from user) it just cannot create directory
(access denied to path/filename error). I guess it is related with
permissions and I also checked permission settings on this ntfs drive
(INTERACTIVE, IUSR_Machine name , IWAM_machine name) and assigned full
rights to this users but it just didnot work. My OS is win2k .

Can anyone shed some light?

ertug

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:57:46 GMT
 permission problem with com dll ???
give the system account access to it as well, would be my first suggestion.
next, I'd try using the dcomcnfg to alter the permissions as well.
Then, I'd look into the folder options / security in FileExplorer.  Give the
system acct. full perms on the directory location
you wish to alter.

hope that helps.

Paul

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have developed a COM dll that is responsible for creating directories
and
> copying content from templates on web server (below the inetpub\wwwroot
> directory). When I debug the dll from a VB project it works fine; it
creates
> the directory, copies content from templates etc. But when I run dll from
an
> ASP page (that will get input from user) it just cannot create directory
> (access denied to path/filename error). I guess it is related with
> permissions and I also checked permission settings on this ntfs drive
> (INTERACTIVE, IUSR_Machine name , IWAM_machine name) and assigned full
> rights to this users but it just didnot work. My OS is win2k .

> Can anyone shed some light?

> ertug

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:56:53 GMT
 permission problem with com dll ???
I tried all of the accounts having administrative priveleges but none
worked. The partition was NTFs and I changed Filesystom to FAT32 and dll
worked.

What may be the reason?

Ertug

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have developed a COM dll that is responsible for creating directories
and
> copying content from templates on web server (below the inetpub\wwwroot
> directory). When I debug the dll from a VB project it works fine; it
creates
> the directory, copies content from templates etc. But when I run dll from
an
> ASP page (that will get input from user) it just cannot create directory
> (access denied to path/filename error). I guess it is related with
> permissions and I also checked permission settings on this ntfs drive
> (INTERACTIVE, IUSR_Machine name , IWAM_machine name) and assigned full
> rights to this users but it just didnot work. My OS is win2k .

> Can anyone shed some light?

> ertug

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:52:52 GMT

1. COM DLL calling external non-COM DLL problem.

2. Recompile COM DLL permissions denied

3. Update COM DLL's - Permission Denied

4. COM Not finding DLLS and other COM problems

5. CreateObject permission in COM Server problem

6. URGENT: VB COM object has security permissions problem under SP5

7. ASP calling dll - permissions problem.

8. Permission problem with WebClass DLL and ADO database

9. Urgent Problem Referencing a COM dll

10. Problem using CreateObject with my own COM DLL

11. asp, COM and dll problems

12. Problem with ADO in COM-DLL