ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Author Message
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

I can't seem to find any good explanation for this error message: "Could not
start session."

Could anyone help me, it is located at www.sukat.su.se and it only occurs
when you try to reload the page.

//Mats

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:39:27 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
There are 18 articles in MSDN discussing this problem.  Have you found no help
in any of them?
Quote:

> I can't seem to find any good explanation for this error message: "Could not
> start session."

> Could anyone help me, it is located at www.sukat.su.se and it only occurs
> when you try to reload the page.

> //Mats

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:48:06 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Not one that pertains to this perticular problem.
I'm at a loss ...

> There are 18 articles in MSDN discussing this problem.  Have you found no
help
> in any of them?

> > I can't seem to find any good explanation for this error message: "Could
not
> > start session."

> > Could anyone help me, it is located at www.sukat.su.se and it only
occurs
> > when you try to reload the page.

> > //Mats

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:37:13 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
So what does line 17 of the ASP do?  It looks like a problem with forming a
connection to an Access database.  I would suspect a permissions issue, but that
is dependent on the environment behind the Web page, about which you have
provided no information.  More detail, please.
Quote:

> Not one that pertains to this perticular problem.
> I'm at a loss ...

> --

> > There are 18 articles in MSDN discussing this problem.  Have you found no
> help
> > in any of them?

> > > I can't seem to find any good explanation for this error message: "Could
> not
> > > start session."

> > > Could anyone help me, it is located at www.sukat.su.se and it only
> occurs
> > > when you try to reload the page.

> > > //Mats

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:55:42 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
You're right, it connects to a database, but the connection works fine for
an hour or two then it just stops working, it's more then likely a problem
related to the enviroment behind the page because the page works just fine
until something happens pertaining to the currently active session. I was
wondering if someone had had the same problem and how they solved it.

I can't find anything wrong with the server, but if the problem has occured
and I unload the application it start working again.
So I guess that the problem is applicationrelated but what am I supposed to
do?!

******************************

Quote:
> So what does line 17 of the ASP do?  It looks like a problem with forming
> connection to an Access database.  I would suspect a permissions issue,
but that
> is dependent on the environment behind the Web page, about which you have
> provided no information.  More detail, please.

> > Not one that pertains to this perticular problem.
> > I'm at a loss ...

> > --

> > > There are 18 articles in MSDN discussing this problem.  Have you found
no
> > help
> > > in any of them?

"Could
> > not

> > occurs

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:31:17 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
I'd suggest checking your code for objects which aren't released, or similar
untidiness.  Perhaps you're creating but not releasing connections, and running
into some capacity issue with Access.
Quote:

> You're right, it connects to a database, but the connection works fine for
> an hour or two then it just stops working, it's more then likely a problem
> related to the enviroment behind the page because the page works just fine
> until something happens pertaining to the currently active session. I was
> wondering if someone had had the same problem and how they solved it.

> I can't find anything wrong with the server, but if the problem has occured
> and I unload the application it start working again.
> So I guess that the problem is applicationrelated but what am I supposed to
> do?!

> ******************************

> > So what does line 17 of the ASP do?  It looks like a problem with forming
> > connection to an Access database.  I would suspect a permissions issue,
> but that
> > is dependent on the environment behind the Web page, about which you have
> > provided no information.  More detail, please.

> > > Not one that pertains to this perticular problem.
> > > I'm at a loss ...

> > > --

> no
> > > help

> "Could
> > > not

> > > occurs

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:20:13 GMT

1. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

2. ODBC Drivers error '80004005' SQL: Statement too long.

3. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

4. ODBC Runtime Error:'-2147467259(80004005)'

5. ODBC error 80004005 - What's Up?

6. Provider error '80004005' Unspecified error

7. HELP Run-time error '-214767259 (80004005)'

8. Run-time error '-214767259 (80004005)' HELP

9. HELP Run-time error '-214767259 (80004005)'

10. Run-time error '-214767259 (80004005)' HELP

11. Stack Overflow : 'error ASP 0107 : 80004005'

12. SQL Server error '80004005'