convert ASP application to VB application
Author Message
 convert ASP application to VB application

To All,

I am looking for a converter program that will walk through ASP/web
folders and generate VB code for a desktop application that does the
same as the web app.

I am sure that nothing would run perfectly, and therefore would need
additional hand massaging. However, I need something to do the heavy
lifting by converting 20 to 80 files en masse and create a basic
program structure to run the forms thus created.

I am forever getting requests to generate the same app in desktop and
web formats. A catalog app is a classic. They want a web version and a
CDROM based version.

A second choice would be a portable ASP server program something like
Personal Web Server that I could freely distribute with the ASP pages
and database.

regards,
chuck

p.s.
please send a copy of any reply to my email:

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 02:47:21 GMT
 convert ASP application to VB application

Quote:

> To All,

> I am looking for a converter program that will walk through ASP/web
> folders and generate VB code for a desktop application that does the
> same as the web app.

That's not going to happen for any complex project. How embed a web
control in a VB app that just points to the web pages...

Quote:
> I am forever getting requests to generate the same app in desktop and
> web formats. A catalog app is a classic. They want a web version and a
> CDROM based version.

Ah I see what you want now

Your CDROM version will be a snapshot and therefore does not need to
be dynamic, static html pages will suffice.

Quote:
> A second choice would be a portable ASP server program something like
> Personal Web Server that I could freely distribute with the ASP pages
> and database.

Run a site snagger/ web grabber/offline reader program on your asp
pages, this will save all your pages as html. Copy to CD, distribute
cd.

Hey presto

Quote:
> please send a copy of any reply to my email:

If you posted it here, please read any answers here.

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:59:53 GMT

1. Converting single threaded application in to multithreaded application using VB 6.0

2. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

3. Converting single threaded application in to multithreaded application using VB 6.0

4. Converting an ASP page to an HTA application.

5. convert single threaded application in to multithreaded application

6. Converting a VB 3.0 application to VB 6.0

7. HELP!!!!! Converting VB 4 to Access VB Applications

8. Running a VB Application within another VB Application

9. Convert Access Application to VB

10. Application State in ASP and ASP.NET

11. Access application convert to VB.Net

12. how to convert ms access application to VB ???