<SELECT> List Box Isn't Refreshed After Item Is Added
Author Message
 <SELECT> List Box Isn't Refreshed After Item Is Added

Sounds to me like you are adding a record into the database, and expecting
the page to magically pick it up.

Your popup window needs to either add the item to both database and select
box, or refresh the parent window when an item is added.

Quote:
> Hi
> I have a form/template with a List Box with three buttons on it (Cancel,
> Add, Delete). The code loops through a recordset populating the List Box
> (Select). Say the user selects "Add" and is sent to another form where
they
> can add another item and once added, is returned to the initial for with
the
> list box. However, the item that was added doesn't appear in the list.
When
> I query the database directly, I know the item was added. If I hit the
> "Refresh" button on the browser, the item is added to the list. Any Help
is
> appreciated. TIA

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:31:13 GMT
 <SELECT> List Box Isn't Refreshed After Item Is Added
howsy it goin
this is probably coz the browser pops up the cached page and not the new one
use ASP headers to prevent caching of the page with the listbox on it
i think tbat should take care of it

Saurabh

Quote:
> Hi
> I have a form/template with a List Box with three buttons on it (Cancel,
> Add, Delete). The code loops through a recordset populating the List Box
> (Select). Say the user selects "Add" and is sent to another form where
they
> can add another item and once added, is returned to the initial for with
the
> list box. However, the item that was added doesn't appear in the list.
When
> I query the database directly, I know the item was added. If I hit the
> "Refresh" button on the browser, the item is added to the list. Any Help
is
> appreciated. TIA

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 06:49:35 GMT
 <SELECT> List Box Isn't Refreshed After Item Is Added
Hello Dennis,

Since the populating is done by your own code, there may be no way for the
refresh to be triggered by the database update. My suggestion is that you
may proactively detect the change made by add/delete button, and refresh
the list accordingly.

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Lily Zheng

Microsoft Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the
Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:54:42 GMT

1. <SELECT> List Box Isn't Refreshed After Item Is Added

2. How to detected item isn't selected in list view

4. <<<Cneck Box>>>

5. re-hilite selected items in a list box after refresh

6. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

8. <<VB3 HELP>>HOW DO YOU ADD WAV FILES TO VB3 FORMS

10. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

11. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

12. <<<Gif Files>>>