Recordset editing
Author Message
 Recordset editing

What newsgroup is being used for Visual Interdev questions?

I'm having strange problems with Recordsets and Datagrids and Listboxes.

I'm getting a problem where a data command that is clearly working in query
builder does not show up in the datagrid or listbox. The control shows up
but there is no data, not a single record. Is it possible to edit the data
properties of these objects or does Visual Interdev only work right when you
"drag" a data command or control onto the asp or html page and then leave
it?

In my many attempts to get this to work I tried changing the name of the
Recordset. I can view the run-time text of the controls and see that the
name of the recordset is the new name of the recordset but when I try to
view the page in the browser it errors out and if I go to debug it says it
can't open the project because it is in use, duh, I am working on the
project in VID, but viewing the line in error it shows the old recordset
name. I am working in Master Mode so all changes should be written to the
server copy and I even closed the project altogether and reopened it and
still this problem is occurring.

I have had occurrences where the data controls did show data but I can't
figure out what was different in those cases.

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:24:16 GMT
 Recordset editing
Try posting in

microsoft.public.vi.dtc
microsoft.public.vi.general

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> What newsgroup is being used for Visual Interdev questions?

> I'm having strange problems with Recordsets and Datagrids and Listboxes.

> I'm getting a problem where a data command that is clearly working in query
> builder does not show up in the datagrid or listbox. The control shows up
> but there is no data, not a single record. Is it possible to edit the data
> properties of these objects or does Visual Interdev only work right when you
> "drag" a data command or control onto the asp or html page and then leave
> it?

> In my many attempts to get this to work I tried changing the name of the
> Recordset. I can view the run-time text of the controls and see that the
> name of the recordset is the new name of the recordset but when I try to
> view the page in the browser it errors out and if I go to debug it says it
> can't open the project because it is in use, duh, I am working on the
> project in VID, but viewing the line in error it shows the old recordset
> name. I am working in Master Mode so all changes should be written to the
> server copy and I even closed the project altogether and reopened it and
> still this problem is occurring.

> I have had occurrences where the data controls did show data but I can't
> figure out what was different in those cases.

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:30:36 GMT

1. Where's the Recordset..Edit

2. recordsets, edit, update - quicker way??

3. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

4. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

5. recordset.edit question

6. ODBC recordset.edit

7. Database Recordset Edit/Update Problem

8. recordset.Edit() Locking vs. Stale Data

9. Problem with Recordset edit

10. Help - Data1.Recordset.Edit

11. Help - Data1.Recordset.Edit

12. VB 4.0, Access 95, DAO: Recordset.Edit / Update problem