ActiveX DLL & ASP 0115 error
Author Message
 ActiveX DLL & ASP 0115 error

I wrote an ActiveX DLL and it used to run fine with IIS 4.

Recently I changed a couple of things in that DLL, tested it in VB6 and it
runs fine. Although I kept all Properties the same, it seems that
(1) my Property Get that returns a file name is not returning anything when
used through ASP, but works fine in VB6

(2) I get an ASP error 0115 Unexpected error. A trappable error occurred in
an external object. The script cannot continue running.

I use logging to the Event Log, which tells me that the ActiveX DLL runs all
the way without any problems.

I checked the Microsoft support site but couldn't find anything that points
me to the problem.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks for your help,

Alexandre M. Klinkenberg

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX DLL & ASP 0115 error

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX DLL & ASP 0115 error
For anyone who would encounter the same problem, I finally solved the issue
by extending Server.ScriptTimeOut and wrapping the DLL into an MTS
component.

You can find out how to do that here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0999/vbcom/vbcom.htm

Quote:
> I wrote an ActiveX DLL and it used to run fine with IIS 4.

> Recently I changed a couple of things in that DLL, tested it in VB6 and it
> runs fine. Although I kept all Properties the same, it seems that
> (1) my Property Get that returns a file name is not returning anything
when
> used through ASP, but works fine in VB6

> (2) I get an ASP error 0115 Unexpected error. A trappable error occurred
in
> an external object. The script cannot continue running.

> I use logging to the Event Log, which tells me that the ActiveX DLL runs
all
> the way without any problems.

> I checked the Microsoft support site but couldn't find anything that
points
> me to the problem.

> Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

> Thanks for your help,

> Alexandre M. Klinkenberg

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error

2. error 'ASP 0115'

3. asp 0115 error

4. ASP 0115 Trappable Error

5. Error ASP 0115 with CDate and isDate

6. ASP 0115 error?

7. Dictionary Object and ASP Error 0115

8. asp 0115 error

9. ASP 0115 on ADO CreateObject with Oracle

10. 'ASP 0115 : 8000ffff'

11. 'ASP 0115 : 8000ffff'

12. ASP 0115 -- Solution