Why can't I use 'Save' when Word doc. opened in IE via hyperlink?
Author Message
 Why can't I use 'Save' when Word doc. opened in IE via hyperlink?

Hi,

Does anybody know why the 'Save' option becomes dimmed in IE when a MS Word document is opened via a hyperlink?

However, if the document is opened directly using the 'Open' option from 'File' in IE, then the 'Save' option becomes available.

I need to make the 'Save' option available to users, but the document has to be opened via a hyperlink.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Mon, 10 May 2004 00:19:37 GMT
 Why can't I use 'Save' when Word doc. opened in IE via hyperlink?
try using a unc hyperlink instead of an http one.. remember the user needs
write permissions to the location of the document, so this approach is only
useful in an intranet scenario...

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anybody know why the 'Save' option becomes dimmed in IE when a MS

Word document is opened via a hyperlink?
Quote:

> However, if the document is opened directly using the 'Open' option from

'File' in IE, then the 'Save' option becomes available.
Quote:

> I need to make the 'Save' option available to users, but the document has

to be opened via a hyperlink.
Quote:

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Chris

Sun, 16 May 2004 21:09:35 GMT

1. Can't open word doc using automation

2. Code opens the template but can't save as a doc file

3. doc open in 'form' mode

4. 'Canned' data in VB program

5. XML, Converting Word doc's to XML files (O'2000)

6. Word freezes up when opening older doc's

7. Word doc/rtf files won't open from Explorer shortcuts

8. exiting word without 'save' prompt

9. Don't open file with 'doc' file extension but which is not in a valid word file format

10. Save a 'Memo' Field Using ADO

11. Using document.open (url, sname, '_blank')

12. Using document.open (url, sname, '_blank')