MsgBox Permission!!
Author Message
 MsgBox Permission!!

Hi,

I don't understand I can't use MsgBox in my code...and return 'Permission
Required' error message...
what should i do??

Thanks..

Wed, 11 May 2005 02:45:15 GMT
 MsgBox Permission!!

    txtSSN.Text = InputBox(InPrompt, InName)

where InPrompt was the message I wanted displayed,  And InName is the header
om the message box.

Thu, 12 May 2005 12:09:07 GMT
 MsgBox Permission!!
are you talking about 'permission denied' from trying to use MsgBox in
ASP code?

ever thought about where the code runs?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Fri, 13 May 2005 10:03:38 GMT
 MsgBox Permission!!
yes...in ASP code...
how do i get it working!!

Quote:
> are you talking about 'permission denied' from trying to use MsgBox in
> ASP code?

> ever thought about where the code runs?

> I got bored with my old signature,
> so I changed it

> Atrax. MVP, IIS
> http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Sat, 14 May 2005 05:35:53 GMT
 MsgBox Permission!!
Hi,

Are you trying to use msgbox in ASP server side script? If so, you are
experiencing a by design behavior. ASP runs as a service and resides in a
non-interactive desktop. A modal dialog box in a non-interactive desktop
can never dismissed and can cause the thread to stop responding infinitely.
That is why ASP effectively blocks the use of Msgbox from its server side
script. You can, however, use msgbox in client side script since client
side script will be executed in the interactive desktop.

HTH.

Regards,
Yan Liu

Sat, 14 May 2005 15:08:59 GMT
 MsgBox Permission!!

Quote:
>  yes...in ASP code...
> how do i get it working!!

you don't. have you though how useless a prompt box on the *server*
would be to a client? (this is why it's denied). think logically please.

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Sun, 15 May 2005 12:31:27 GMT

1. MsgBox permission denied

2. MsgBox - Permission Denied

3. MsgBox - Permission denied

4. msgbox permission denied

5. Msgbox Permission Denied

6. MsgBox Permission Denied

7. MsgBox Permission denied ???

8. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox

9. MsgBox gives permission denied?!?

10. Permission Denied when trying to use MsgBox or InputBox

11. Permission denied: 'msgbox'

12. Permission denied: 'MsgBox'