IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)
Author Message
 IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

Hi all. (Sorry for the crosspost)

Does anyone know what's with this?  We have several custom ActiveX OCX that
we've developed in VB6 SP4 and hosts them in IE to access data that sits on
a backend SQL Server.  Each control basically serves as a "form" where we
host our User Interface for our applications.  We use RDS to access a
business object on a secondary server to connect to the data on the SQL
Server.

We've been having problems when we exit IE (version 6.0) that this error
pops up.  This doesn't happen to all users workstations, but it happens
enough that we think there is a problem with either IE6 or VB6.  We've
ensured that we deallocate all references to all objects and arrays when
classes and controls terminate, but are still getting errors.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

(Please post back to the newsgroup or reply w/o the NOSPAM in my address)

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:01:32 GMT

1. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

2. Application error on exit from VB6

3. vb6 activex ocx components used in multi-threaded client application

4. Building applications for IE with ActiveX Controls

5. VB6 Internal DLL Variable can not be set to external activex control in IE

6. Have access to SQL 6.5 from Vb6 Activex Control Install in a client IE

7. Have access to SQL 6.5 from Vb6 Activex Control Install in a client IE

8. ActiveX Document crashes upon exiting IE

9. IE Error - Adobe Activex Control

10. IE Error - Adobe Activex Control

11. ActiveX control in IE 5.0 error

12. activeX control in IE 5.00 error