VB question about POST
Author Message
 VB question about POST

Hi,

I've made a VB application that uploads a binary file (e.g. jpeg
image) to an ASP script on the server.  However, it works fine in
English Windows 98 and NT, but not Chinese Windows.

I did all the development on English VB6 in my English Windows NT,
and here's how I handle the binary file content:
- I read its binary content into a byte array
- then use strconv(byte array, vbUnicode) to convert it to a string
- then concat the string to the form data that is included in
  Inet.execute statement

I read from MSDN that strconv(, Unicode) converts using the default
code page of the system.  I'm wondering if this is the cause of my
problem (English code page <> Chinese code page, so this strconv()
is messing up my binary byte stream).

I used the same setup.exe to install my application to both
machines, so most likely those .dll or .ocx are the same on those
machines.

Any hints?  Thanks alot.

Regards,
Phineas

Fri, 07 May 2004 23:55:42 GMT

1. FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - March posting

2. FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - vba - please read before posting questions - unofficial February posting

3. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - Jan 2003 posting

4. FAQ - frequently asked VBA questions - please read before posting questions - September posting - unofficial

5. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (vba) - please read before posting questions - August posting - unofficial

6. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - unoffical July posting - please read before posting questions - vba

7. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial June posting - please read before posting questions

8. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial - please read before posting your questions - March posting

9. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial June posting - please read before posting questions

10. FAQ - frequently asked questions - vba - please read before posting - unofficial - June posting

11. FAQ - frequently asked questions - vba - please read before posting - unofficial - May posting

12. FAQ - Frequently asked questions - vba - Please read before posting - unofficial April post