problem to call fortran subroutine in VB
Author Message
 problem to call fortran subroutine in VB

I am trying to call one fortran Subroutine from VB.

Here is the Fortran Subroutine:

    subroutine readInitCases_F()
     CHARACTER*40 FNAMES(5)

     common /FILENAMES/ FNAMES

     OPEN (UNIT = 89,FILE = 'FILES.DAT',STATUS = 'OLD')
         DO 12 I = 1,5
             READ (89,*) FNAMES(I)
    12    CONTINUE
          CLOSE (89)

     return
     end

And I also made one wrapper for this Fortran Subtine:

    subroutine readDesignCases(index)
    !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT:: readdesigncases

    REAL,INTENT(OUT) :: index

    INTEGER NUMOFCASES
    COMMON /NUMBERCASES/ NUMOFCASES

    call  readDesignCases_F()
    index = real(NUMOFCASES)

    END SUBROUTINE

And I called this wrapper in VB.

Call READINITCASES

But the problem is when I debug, it's seems it didn't call this Fortran
Subroutine. But actually I called this subroutine in another VB program,
it's works. SO is there anybody can give me some advice?

Thanks a lot!

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:28:02 GMT

1. Can VB call Fortran subroutine in *.obj file?

2. Help for call Fortran Subroutine in VB

3. How to call fortran subroutine in QB

4. help for debug the fortran subroutine in VB

5. How to debug Fortran Subroutine from VB

6. Client-side Subroutine calling Server-Side Subroutine

7. Subroutine in one DLL calling another subroutine

8. How to include fortran subroutine in Qb quick libraries

9. FORTRAN subroutines in Visual Basic

10. Newbie question - trying to call fortran dll from VB

11. File I/O in Fortran DLL called from VB 5

12. calling fortran dlls from VB