MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635
Author Message
 MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Q299635) is a simple example to use VB DLL from ASP

When I try to set break point and use de{*filter*} to step through VB DLL code per the instruction of http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Q299633), program never stop at breakpoint. I am on windows2000.

Please help.

Thanks.

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 05:52:20 GMT
 MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635
DO you have Binary compatibility set on the DLL?  DId you start the DLL in
the VB IDE?

Quote:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Q299635)

is a simple example to use VB DLL from ASP
Quote:

> When I try to set break point and use de{*filter*} to step through VB DLL code

per the instruction of
http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Q299633),
program never stop at breakpoint. I am on windows2000.
Quote:

> Please help.

> Thanks.

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.*-*-*.com/ ***

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 06:34:20 GMT
 MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635
hi
i know its quite a pain to debug web apps in VB
try building a small test app in vb that uses the COM component youve
created
i used to do this but its a pain coz you have to simulate some of the ASP
intrinsic objects to make it work
give it a shot man it may work for you

Saurabh

Quote:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Q299635)

is a simple example to use VB DLL from ASP
Quote:

> When I try to set break point and use de{*filter*} to step through VB DLL code

per the instruction of
http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Q299633),
program never stop at breakpoint. I am on windows2000.
Quote:

> Please help.

> Thanks.

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.*-*-*.com/ ***

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 06:29:52 GMT
 MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635

Thanks for two responses. I used project compatibility at first. Once I got the response, I tried binary compatibility. It still does the same.
Here is what I did,
1. Stop iis then make VBASPProject.dll with binary compatibility.
2. Start iis and F5 to start application inside VB IDE, the browser is not opened. IDE just sit there.
If I start application from browser, it is there. But it is not debug way.

Anybody has the luck ? Please let me know.

Thanks.

  _alt.0
1K Download

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:28:04 GMT
 MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635
Open the project properties, and select the "Debugging" tab
Ensure that the "Start browser with URL" is selected, and enter the URL to
your test page
*then* stop IIS, start IIS, hit F5 to start appliaction in IDE
With the above setting selected, the browser should now open at your test
page
--
Chris Anderson
(aka Merak on VISBAS-L)

Thanks for two responses. I used project compatibility at first. Once I got
the response, I tried binary compatibility. It still does the same.
Here is what I did,
1. Stop iis then make VBASPProject.dll with binary compatibility.
2. Start iis and F5 to start application inside VB IDE, the browser is not
opened. IDE just sit there.
If I start application from browser, it is there. But it is not debug way.

Anybody has the luck ? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:52:50 GMT

1. MSFT ArticleID:Q299633 not work for VB dll used in ASP

2. How a 32-Bit App Can Determine When a Shelled Process Ends, Article ID: Q129796

3. Printing using Article ID: Q146022

4. Printing using Article ID: Q146022

5. VBKB Article ID:Q93160

6. Article ID: Q113686

7. Help with Article ID: Q12979 from VB kowledge base

8. kb article q102527 doesn't work???

9. Article c2010524 (Descriptions not showing up parameter prompt)

10. Article ID : Q137023 does not work with ds.Recordcount!

11. Article ID : Q137023 does not work with ds.Recordcount!

12. Article ID : Q137023 does not work with ds.Recordcount!