Need help on scanning files online with Microsoft's antivirus api
Author Message
 Need help on scanning files online with Microsoft's antivirus api

hi all,
I need help in the antivirus api. I have looked for this
api, but cannot find the api. If this api is not to be
found it must be in the addins manager. I cannot find one.
Please tell me where can i access it. If i get any sample
code for it i will be mighty pleased. I will be using it
to scan files online.

Thanx and stay cool.

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:41:58 GMT
 Need help on scanning files online with Microsoft's antivirus api
Anti-Virus APIs would have to obtained from the respective AntiViral
Producer. For instance, the API for the Norton AV would have to be obtained
from Symantec, the one for MacAfee would have to come from Network
Associates/MacAfee, the one for Panda Antivirus would come from Panda
Software.

I don't think I've seen Microsoft make an AV product so there is NO standard
API for antivirus programs.

You can use some Microsoft software though that comes with Visual Studio,
for instance Heap Walker, Dumpbin, and other programs to explore assembly
coding of any DLL or EXE file. But it'll be rough work and will take a long
time, because Assembly Language isn't all that fun to program in. Takes a
lot of time to explore. But it can be done by those not feint of heart.

Jim Carlock

hi all,
I need help in the antivirus api. I have looked for this
api, but cannot find the api. If this api is not to be
found it must be in the addins manager. I cannot find one.
Please tell me where can i access it. If i get any sample
code for it i will be mighty pleased. I will be using it
to scan files online.

Thanx and stay cool.

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:28:10 GMT

1. need help in scanning files online using Microsoft's AntiVirus api

2. Online PROOF of Microsoft's HOPELESSNESS

3. Online PROOF of Microsoft's HOPELESSNESS

4. RTF to Help files using Microsoft's Help Compiler

5. Clipboard Usage Problem (Error in Microsoft online help?)

6. Microsoft Online Help

7. Online Windows API programmers guide online anywhere?

8. I need help with VB and winsock API's

9. Help needed with API's

10. Need Help Using API's.

11. New VB user need help with API's and Splash Forms