Can't update DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev
Author Message
 Can't update DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev

Two issues:

1) IIS still has a pointer open to the DLL.  Stop the IIS Admin Service and
then start the W3 Publishing Service...

2) If permission is still denied... You propbably have the asp page open in
InterDev that references the DLL.  Closing the page should drop the
reference.

 - Paul

Quote:

>Hi
>I hope someone can help me with this problem.
>I have created a Active X DLL in Vsual Basic 6.0 and then used that
>component in an ASP-page in Interdev. I created a reference to the DLL with
>"Server.CreateObject" in Interdev. After I used it I have destroyed it with
>"Set testobject = Nothing"
>The problem is that after I have used the DLL in Interdev I can't go back
>VB and make any updates to the DLL-file. When trying to do that I get the
>message : "Permission denied d:\Program\data\testobj.dll"

>I dont know if this has something to do with Interdev or perhaps something
>in my webbserver( Internet Information Server) ???

>The only solution (at the moment) is for me to restart windows, after that
>its OK to update the file ONE more time

>Please...HELP ME!
>/Jonas

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't update VB6 DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev

2. Can't update VB6 DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev

3. Can't update VB6 DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev

4. Can't update DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev

5. Can't update VB6 DLL-file after it has been used by Visual Interdev

6. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

7. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

8. Visual Interdev: 'thisPage' is undefined

9. I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

10. 'Canned' data in VB program

11. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

12. Visual Interdev doesn't see server