Just https://.... gives you SSL with web browser control?
Author Message
 Just https://.... gives you SSL with web browser control?

I tried to find out here and there to look for an answer.
My question is simple.
When you use webbrowser control in VB application,
For example,
does  WebBrowser.Navigate2 "https://SamplePageWhatEver.com"  simply give
you SSL connection or do I have to do something more about it?
Please Help me out of this puzzle!

Yongseung Kim

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:26:08 GMT
 Just https://.... gives you SSL with web browser control?
You'll need to also install an SSL Certificate on your server.  In Win 2k,
you can generate your own, but your best route is to buy one from VeriSign
(http://www.versign.com).

Quote:
> I tried to find out here and there to look for an answer.
> My question is simple.
> When you use webbrowser control in VB application,
> For example,
> does  WebBrowser.Navigate2 "https://SamplePageWhatEver.com"  simply give
> you SSL connection or do I have to do something more about it?
> Please Help me out of this puzzle!

> Yongseung Kim

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:00:44 GMT
 Just https://.... gives you SSL with web browser control?
Is the advantage of a Verisign SSL that the user does not have to chose to
accept it?
Or iow, will a user be challenged on a machine running a win2000 produced
certificate?

Quote:
> You'll need to also install an SSL Certificate on your server.  In Win 2k,
> you can generate your own, but your best route is to buy one from VeriSign
> (http://www.versign.com).

> > I tried to find out here and there to look for an answer.
> > My question is simple.
> > When you use webbrowser control in VB application,
> > For example,
> > does  WebBrowser.Navigate2 "https://SamplePageWhatEver.com"  simply give
> > you SSL connection or do I have to do something more about it?
> > Please Help me out of this puzzle!

> > Yongseung Kim

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:34:29 GMT

1. Retrieving SSL-secured pages over the HTTPS-Protocol using the INet-Control

2. Internet Transfer Control and https (SSL) - win98 vs win95

3. Internet Transfer Control and https (SSL) - win98 vs win95

4. Using https (SSL) with WebBrowser control

5. Internet Transfer Control and https (SSL)

6. SSL/HTTPS using Winsock control?

7. Need Help With MS Winsock Control and SSL (HTTPS)

8. running examples with web browser control give error

9. VB5 Internet Browser Control and SSL

10. ServerXMLHTTP using HTTPS (SSL) certificate (MSXML)

11. Using Web browser ctl in VB w/ SSL (https and ftps)??

12. Download files from secure Internet site (HTTPS, SSL) using WinInet API