IIS and VB Classes using http to get across the firewall help.
Author Message
 IIS and VB Classes using http to get across the firewall help.

Hi all,
I'm thinking about building an IIS / VB app to receive http requests from
outside the firewall with the following requirements.

Webserver1 outside the firewall gets a request from a browser after the user
has entered in some text and pressed a button.
Webserver1 sends the request to Webserver2 inside the firewall with the text
the user entered as a parameter.
The URL that Webserver1 sends to Webserver2 is my VB app with a webclass in
it.
The VB app connect to our mainfraim via tcp/ip and requests data based on
the parameter send from Webserver1.
The VB app receives the DataArrival event from a Winsock control and send an
XML string back to Webserver1 which then does something with it and gives it
back to the client.

I don't really know how to get the parameter to my VB app in the debug mode.
Steve Long

Sun, 04 Apr 2004 06:01:39 GMT

1. HELP : Connecting VB.NET TCP Socket across a Firewall

2. WMI across firewall

3. Has anybody tried DCOM using HTTP Tunnelling via IIS

4. Getting HTTP header *without* d/l the entire document using inet control

5. Web Class VB IIS Applicaton

6. Using Forms in Classes (beginner w/ classes needs help)

7. HTTP: Download large files using HTTP and Internetcontrol

8. Using a database across TCP/IP in VB?

9. Using a database across TCP/IP in VB?

10. Problem in Transfering Data across servers using DTS components in VB

11. Using Withevents across froms - HELP!

12. Using a database across TCP/IP in VB?