Visual Interdev doesn't see server
Author Message
 Visual Interdev doesn't see server

Hello,

I also had the problem that VID didn't see PWS. Thanks to someone who referred
to some support page, I've found another page which corresponded exactly with
my problem.

You'll find the page on this address:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

What you have to do:

1) Open VID 6.0
2) Cancel create new project
3) On the Tools menu, select Options
4) In the Options dialog box, click the plus sign next to Projects
5) Click Web Proxy Settings to select that item
6) Deselect the "Use system settings" check box
7) Delete any entries in the "HTTP proxy:" text box
8) Delete any entries in the "List of hosts without proxy" textbox
9) Select the "Do not use proxy server for local (internet) addresses"
checkbox
10 Click OK

If the above steps don't work in your case (like it didn't in my case),
that do the following steps as well.

11) Start Personal Webserver Setup
12) Deselect the Front Page server Extensions
13) The FP server extensions will now be deleted
14) Start Personal Webserver Setup again
15) Select the Front Page server Extensions
16) Now the FP Server Extensions are re-installed.
17) Reboot your computer

With these steps, I've realized to let VID communicate with PWS. I hope it
will work for you as well.

Good luck

Martin

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Interdev doesn't see server

Hello everyone, I am new to this newsgroup and I am having a similar problem
and it's driving me around the twist: I installed a trial version of Visual
InterDev 6 to learn this product before buying, I was using IE 4.01, Windows
98 and PWS - I am developing and testing on the one machine.  Everything was
going fine until I upgraded to IE 5, now I can't get a new project started
as the following message explains: "Server error:Unable to access
configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server".  Other messages that
appear are: "Unable to contact Web Server http://Computer1" (my computer
name).  Then I resorted back to IE 4.01 and got everything working again but
after reading your comments on this newsgroup I upgraded again to IE 5 but
after trying out your suggestions it still is not working for me.

I would be glad of any help on the matter.

Manus Marron.

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

2. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

3. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

4. Visual Basic Server Components in Visual Interdev

5. Visual Basic Server Components in Visual Interdev

6. Visual Basic Server Components in Visual Interdev

7. ReadProperties event doesn't fire in InterDev 6.0

8. ReadProperties event doesn't fire in InterDev 6.0

9. Visual Interdev: 'thisPage' is undefined

10. Windows 2000, VB Script, Visual InterDev and SQL Server 7

11. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

12. Using ISAPI and Visual Interdev WWW Server?