Prevent page access outside of frame
Author Message
 Prevent page access outside of frame

Does any one how to prevent loading a single page outside of it's frame.
Like when a user bookmarks a page, but doesn't enter the site from the main
page.

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prevent page access outside of frame
My HTML is a little rusty, but I believe what you will have to do is give
your frame a name, and use the parent property (in javascript) from each of
the framed pages.

(pseudocode - frameset name=frame):
<script>
if parent.name = frame then end
else window.location = "frameset.html"
</script>

Something like this should work, but you will have to find the right syntax.

Quote:
> Does any one how to prevent loading a single page outside of it's frame.
> Like when a user bookmarks a page, but doesn't enter the site from the
main
> page.

Thu, 15 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Chosing Frame content in a 2 framed page from a 1 framed page

2. setfocus inside a frame control from outside the frame

3. setfocus inside a frame control from outside the frame

4. Use of SetFocus on Frame from outside the frame

5. Prevent clicking outside of application?

6. If not in frame then load frame page...

7. catch data in frame and pass to another frame page

8. Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?

9. Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?

10. Painting outside frame

11. Painting outside frame

12. Painting outside of a frame/form ?