Pass info to ActiveX Control from web page
Author Message
 Pass info to ActiveX Control from web page

I have created an ActiveX Control using VB6.0 that gets
embedded into a web page using the <object> tag. I would
like to pass information to this control. I am not sure
what I need to do on the Control side or the Client Side
to get this accomplished.

Please help.

Thanks.

Adeel

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:05:56 GMT
 Pass info to ActiveX Control from web page
Adeel,

you can set properties for the control in your HTML code inside the object
tag:

<Param Name="property" Value="something">

From ASP or script you can do this dynamically referring to the object by
its name:

<Object Name="MyObject" ...

<script>
MyObject.DoSomething
MyObject.Property="whatever"
</script>

Hope these examples help.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> I have created an ActiveX Control using VB6.0 that gets
> embedded into a web page using the <object> tag. I would
> like to pass information to this control. I am not sure
> what I need to do on the Control side or the Client Side
> to get this accomplished.

> Please help.

> Thanks.

> Adeel

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:41:50 GMT
 Pass info to ActiveX Control from web page
I tried that but then how do I get the ActiveX Control to
see it.
For instance, I will have to have a varible
called "property" in my control, right? I tried something
like that but it does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

BTW, I am a newbie to VB.

Quote:

to the object by
>its name:

><Object Name="MyObject" ...

><script>
>MyObject.DoSomething
>MyObject.Property="whatever"
></script>

>Hope these examples help.

>Fortune&Glory,
>Robert

>> I have created an ActiveX Control using VB6.0 that gets
>> embedded into a web page using the <object> tag. I would
>> like to pass information to this control. I am not sure
>> what I need to do on the Control side or the Client Side
>> to get this accomplished.

>> Please help.

>> Thanks.

>> Adeel

>.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:54:58 GMT
 Pass info to ActiveX Control from web page
Adeel,

your ActiveX control needs to have means of communicating with the outside
world by means of properties and methods. Properties can be read or set from
outside, methods can be invoked (executed) from outside. Consider the
following example: say you have an activex control with a label on it called
Label1. If you add the following code:

Public Property Let TextInLabel (mvarText as String)
Label1.Caption=mvarText
End Property

now you add this control to a web page using an object tag:
<Object etc....
<Param Name="TextInLabel" Value="Hello World">
</Object>

you should see the text "hello world" appearing in the label on the control.

Check your VB documentation, it will help you further down this path.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> I tried that but then how do I get the ActiveX Control to
> see it.
> For instance, I will have to have a varible
> called "property" in my control, right? I tried something
> like that but it does not work.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks.

> BTW, I am a newbie to VB.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 04:57:55 GMT

1. Pass info to ActiveX Control from Web Page

2. VB ActiveX Control loses info when leaving web-page

3. How do I pass an image to an ActiveX control in a web page

4. Passing a bitmap from web page to Vb ActiveX control

5. Passing a bitmap from a web page to a VB ActiveX control

6. Passing Info from web pages...

7. pass a form from web page to web page

8. pass a form from web page to web page

9. Passing info between form and ActiveX control

10. passing parameter from web browser control to asp page

11. passing parameter from web browser control to asp page

12. passing variable argument list from web page to web service (is it possible)