Sending a message to a Web Server
Author Message
 Sending a message to a Web Server

This may be old hat, using very basic and standard techniques, or it
might be complex to the point of impossibility. I just don't know - I
haven't done any work in this area at all, or seen any by anybody else.

I have a VB application which, driven by input supplied by the user,
creates a text message which is then passed (either using MAPI commands
or MS Outlook VBA commands) as an e-mail message for routing to a
specified address.

My client now wants me to develop a twin application which, instead of
using e-mail technology, passes the message via the Web. (He suggests
using a CGI_Get command to pass it to a specified Web server.)

Is this doable? If so, how?
--
Alan M Dunsmuir

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:11:59 GMT

1. MAPI message Send method puts message in Outbox but it isn't actually sent

2. Sending Message to Web Page

3. MAPI - Exchange Server does not send e-mail message

4. send attachments to web server

5. sending a file to a server using a web page

6. Web Publishing API : WpPost Sending files on a server

7. Sending "POSTS" To A Web Server

8. sending tcp packets to a web server

9. Looking for a control that allows messages to be sent to SMS messaging service or pager

10. Send message with Outlook closed using Active Messaging

11. Looking for a control that allows messages to be sent to SMS messaging service or pager

12. Dispatched Message And Send Message - Any difference?