Connect, Header Tag, Download
Author Message
 Connect, Header Tag, Download

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a website, pass uid&pw as header tag, pass
download parameters for an unassisted download.
I have spent hours, days looking for solution, in vb, VBScript, etc
NGs.  I have tried many diff angles but always one piece doesn't work or
is unacceptable for the task.  Will use script but don't see how to send
header tag, but prefer VB so I can do the rest of my db updates and
reporting at one time.  Example from vendor is in Java which I am not
familiar.

WebBrowser Control works great for the connection and request but
requires user to save file:
webbrowser.navigate
URL:="https://www.railnetredi.com?RunTraceList&TraceName=JASON&OutputType=O...)"
, Headers:="Authorization: Basic PASSWORD" & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10)

Do
  DoEvents
Loop Until Not webbrowser .Busy
' kludge to repond to "Save File?" although doesn't always work,
especially when looping to send multiple requests
SendKeys "{ENTER}", True

Do
   DoEvents
Loop Until Not webbrowser.Busy
' kludge to repond to "Save As?" and accept the name supplied by website

SendKeys "{ENTER}", True
Do
   DoEvents
Loop Until Not webbrowser.Busy

Using Internet Transfer Control am not getting authorized access.
Reading the html returned I can see 'Unauthorized...'
and never quits executing:
sURL = "https://www.railnetredi.com"
sData =
"?RunTraceList&TraceName=JASON&OutputType=Output+To+File(Comma+Delimited)"

sHeader = "Authorization: Basic PASSWORD" & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10)

Inet1.Execute sURL, "GET", sData, sHeader

Thanks so much,

cl

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:55:53 GMT

1. Connect, Header Tag, Download

2. Connect, Header Tag, Download

3. Removing WWW Server HEADERS from download GIF file

4. Downloading the first part of a file / the header

5. Downloading the first part of a file / the header

6. Downloading the first part of a file / the header

7. Pulling Header information BEFORE downloading file??

8. VB MAPI control: explicit download/connect now for MS-MAIL Remote

9. Converting HTML tags to Word tags

10. DL DD Tags Versus Table TD Tags

11. Automatic TOC with Section Headers in Header/Footer

12. The different between FirstPage header and Primary header