Sending binary files through webclasses
Author Message
 Sending binary files through webclasses

Hi,

I've got a problem with sending binary files (e.g. .zip files) through a
webclass.

The whole thing works like this:
The user clicks on a link which points to (e.g.) default.asp?WCE=filex.zip
Then the webclass sends back the binary data.
This far everything is OK.

My problem is, that in the client browser the download windows that pops up
defaults to the filename 'default.asp', when receiving the data. Obviously
it should display 'filex.zip'.

If the user manually changes the filename to filex.zip everything works, but
you wouldn't want your user to have to do that.

How could I solve this problem? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
A.Nahr

(and sorry for the bad english ;)

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SENDING A BINARY FILE

2. send a binary file w/ filesystemobject?

3. Function to encode binary file and send by VB (mail)

4. Function to encode binary file and send by VB (mail)

5. Can Mscomm send Binary file?

6. Help with sending binary file instead of text

7. Function to encode binary file and send by VB (mail)

8. Sending and Receiving Binary files with winsock

9. Sending binary & text files over modem

10. Sending Binary files with a TCP/IP Communication

11. How I send a binary/ascii file using winsock

12. Sending A binary file