Save Picture in Code from ftp site
Author Message
 Save Picture in Code from ftp site

I would like to download a graphic file a specified directory on the users
hard disk.  I wanted to use the Internet Transfer Control, but I have
security issues that pop up when I use this control.

Is there a way to load a picture into a control or image on my web page and
them programatically save it to the users hard drive?  I have no problem
signing a control if this is the correct approach.

Thanks in advance...

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:49:28 GMT
 Save Picture in Code from ftp site
The ActiveX control can do pretty much anything once it is allowed to
run. Besides signing it, you'll have to mark it as safe for scripting
and safe for initialization by implementing IObjectSafety interface if
you want to avoid additional security screens. Note that you may be
legally liable if your control is _not_ safe after all, and is used to
damage the user's system. From the description of your problem, it looks
like your control will not be safe if you are going to accept
destination file name from script or <PARAM> tags on the page rather
than always leaving the selection to the user, because then a malicious
page can use the control to place arbitrary files on the user's hard
drive, and/or erase existing files.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I would like to download a graphic file a specified directory on the
users
> hard disk.  I wanted to use the Internet Transfer Control, but I have
> security issues that pop up when I use this control.

> Is there a way to load a picture into a control or image on my web
page and
> them programatically save it to the users hard drive?  I have no
problem
> signing a control if this is the correct approach.

> Thanks in advance...

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:00:31 GMT

1. saving XML file on a ftp site via VB6

2. Source code (Eliza) found on an FTP site.

3. VB Source Code FTP Site

4. Need help on putting code/program on an ftp site (novell stuff)

5. FTP - Get File Date from FTP Site

6. ?How to save html code from misc sites?

7. Internet Transfer Control - Cannot FTP to Intranet FTP sites

8. Save picture directly in the code?

9. Saving a jpg picture in VB 5.0 using code

10. Upload picture to picture box and *save*?????

11. Saving picture from a picture box using screen capturing

12. Print to Picture and then saving the new picture