Hebrew as ?????????
Author Message
 Hebrew as ?????????

Hi,

I'm using IIS and mdb (access) database. All my database retrievals that
contains hebrew shown as ???. Please help !!!!

Guy

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hebrew as ?????????
check the "translation of character data"  in your odbc
connection.

HTH

Danny Ravid VB MVP

"It's One Small Step For Man ,One Giant Leap For Mankind....."
Neil Armstrong

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using IIS and mdb (access) database. All my database retrievals that
> contains hebrew shown as ???. Please help !!!!

> Guy

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hebrew as ?????????
Where can I find the "translation of character data"  of the ODBC driver ?

Guy

Quote:
> check the "translation of character data"  in your odbc
> connection.

> HTH

> Danny Ravid VB MVP

> "It's One Small Step For Man ,One Giant Leap For Mankind....."
> Neil Armstrong

> > Hi,

> > I'm using IIS and mdb (access) database. All my database retrievals that
> > contains hebrew shown as ???. Please help !!!!

> > Guy

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hebrew as ?????????
Guy,

    I was having the same problem with Japanese data . . .

    I used the AscW function to get the unicode number of each character and
then wrote it out that way

    Here's some sample code from my app (in this app somebody submits the
English equivalent of a Japanese character and I look it up and show the two
different characters that correspond to the English -- so I only have to use
AscW on two single characters -- one from each of the two adjacent records.
AscW returns a long . . . sTheAnswer is what I write out to my HTML page)

--Doug

    If rs.RecordCount > 1 Then
        lHiragana = AscW(rs!Character)
        rs.MoveNext
        lKatakana = AscW(rs!Character)
        sTheAnswer = Request.Item("Option") & "<font size=""" & "7" & """" &
">Kana characters for '" & sRomaji & "'<BR>" & "Hiragana: &#" & lHiragana &
";" & "<BR>" & "Katakana: &#" & lKatakana & ";"

Quote:
> Where can I find the "translation of character data"  of the ODBC driver ?

> Guy

> > check the "translation of character data"  in your odbc
> > connection.

> > HTH

> > Danny Ravid VB MVP

> > "It's One Small Step For Man ,One Giant Leap For Mankind....."
> > Neil Armstrong

> > > Hi,

> > > I'm using IIS and mdb (access) database. All my database retrievals
that
> > > contains hebrew shown as ???. Please help !!!!

> > > Guy

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hebrew as ?????????
Look at www.Microsoft.com/israel/DirectAccess
You can download a paper on this issue.
ADH

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using IIS and mdb (access) database. All my database retrievals that
> contains hebrew shown as ???. Please help !!!!

> Guy

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hebrew as ?????????

Try this code in ASP before flushing query results t the client:

Session.Codepage=1252

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm using IIS and mdb (access) database. All my database retrievals that
> contains hebrew shown as ???. Please help !!!!

> Guy

  webadmin.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. English-Hebrew

2. Importing DOS files that contain HEBREW

3. MsgBox with Hebrew

4. Hebrew and sql7 via ooutlook form

5. JOB OPP: Hebrew speaker expert Word user

6. How to save RTF file as an encoded text with Hebrew(Windows) encoding

7. Hebrew at 98

8. VB 3.0 PRO + Hebrew ACCESS 2.0

9. import hebrew text files to mdb files, using VB5

10. VBScript doesn't recognize date in Hebrew

11. Problems inserting hebrew words in SQL SERVER using VB 6

12. Printer alignment problem, Israel/Hebrew