help - "data source name not found"
Author Message
 help - "data source name not found"

I have created a web application that uses ASP on the front end, which calls
VB functions that read and write to an Access database.

Everything works great when the VB DLL is in run mode, but after it is
compiled, I am getting the following message in the Event Viewer when trying
to connect to the Access database via ODBC:

"Data source name not found and no default driver specified from Microsoft
OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers."

I have already created the ODBC data source (under System DSN).

Here is the relevant code from the DLL:

Dim Conn As ADODB.Connection

Set Conn = New ADODB.Connection
Conn.Open "webdb"  //////////this is where it is blowing up

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 help - "data source name not found"

Quote:

> I have created a web application that uses ASP on the front end, which calls
> VB functions that read and write to an Access database.

> Everything works great when the VB DLL is in run mode, but after it is
> compiled, I am getting the following message in the Event Viewer when trying
> to connect to the Access database via ODBC:

> "Data source name not found and no default driver specified from Microsoft
> OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers."

> I have already created the ODBC data source (under System DSN).

> Here is the relevant code from the DLL:

> Dim Conn As ADODB.Connection

> Set Conn = New ADODB.Connection
> Conn.Open "webdb"  //////////this is where it is blowing up

(not cross-posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)

From http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#DSN

  oConn.Open "DSN=AdvWorks;" & _
   "UID=Admin;" & _
   "PWD=;"

  Note, starting with MDAC 2.1 you will no longer be able to put just
  a DSN name in. You must put the DSN tag, plus the UID and
  PWD tags in the connection string.

Sounds like this might be relevant?
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. help - "data source name not found"

2. "DataSource" data member not found

3. "Method or data member not found"

4. "Physical Data base not found"

5. "Could not find data access library"

6. ODBC error - "file not found" Help

7. HELP!: "Property RecordCount not found"

8. HELP!: "Property RecordCount not found"

9. ODBC error - "File not found" - Help

10. Help please: "File not found"

11. [ODC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

12. Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error