Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page
Author Message
 Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page

Is there a way from an asp page to pass all data of a FORM to another asp
page?
For example I have an asp page named form1.asp that receive a POST for a
form with TEXT and FILE fields, from this asp I want to pass all the fields
values to another asp in other website, for example
http://........../form2.asp .
It is simple for text fields but how can it done with FILE fields?

Thank you for your help.

Lorenzin DAvid

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 18:31:05 GMT
 Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page
I presume you want to capture the data in one ASP and then hand it off to
another for processing.. One mechanism is to load the form fields into
session variables, redirect to the new ASP and pull the data from the
session variables. This has the disadvantage of creating a large number of
session variables. Another mechanism is to write the data to a temporary
file named with a unique user GUID, redirect to the new ASP passing the GUID
in the querystring. The new ASP would then read the data from the file and
delete the file (to preserve disk space).

Hope this helps.

Michael B. Murdock
Starphire Technologies, LLC
"Affordable Web Content Management Solutions"
http://www.starphire.com

Quote:
> Is there a way from an asp page to pass all data of a FORM to another asp
> page?
> For example I have an asp page named form1.asp that receive a POST for a
> form with TEXT and FILE fields, from this asp I want to pass all the
fields
> values to another asp in other website, for example
> http://........../form2.asp .
> It is simple for text fields but how can it done with FILE fields?

> Thank you for your help.

> Lorenzin DAvid

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 00:11:17 GMT
 Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page
I agree but if the servers are different?

Thank you.

Lorenzin David

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:48:08 GMT
 Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page
Boy that sure is a lot of work.

In the first ASP page use server.transfer URL where URL is the URL of the
second page. Transfer will also allow full access to the session and
transaction states.

--
Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://WebsUnlimited.com Summer Fling Thing

Quote:
> I presume you want to capture the data in one ASP and then hand it off to
> another for processing.. One mechanism is to load the form fields into
> session variables, redirect to the new ASP and pull the data from the
> session variables. This has the disadvantage of creating a large number of
> session variables. Another mechanism is to write the data to a temporary
> file named with a unique user GUID, redirect to the new ASP passing the
GUID
> in the querystring. The new ASP would then read the data from the file and
> delete the file (to preserve disk space).

> Hope this helps.

> --

> Michael B. Murdock
> Starphire Technologies, LLC
> "Affordable Web Content Management Solutions"
> http://www.starphire.com

> > Is there a way from an asp page to pass all data of a FORM to another
asp
> > page?
> > For example I have an asp page named form1.asp that receive a POST for a
> > form with TEXT and FILE fields, from this asp I want to pass all the
> fields
> > values to another asp in other website, for example
> > http://........../form2.asp .
> > It is simple for text fields but how can it done with FILE fields?

> > Thank you for your help.

> > Lorenzin DAvid

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:46:54 GMT

1. Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page

2. Redirect all <form> data from an asp page to another asp page

3. calling asp page from another asp page

4. redirecting a web page in ASP

5. Redirecting an ASP Page using VBScript evaluation.

6. ASP and COM+ - redirecting a page using ASPTypeLibrary

7. Posting form data to ASP page - corrected

9. Posting form data to ASP page - corrected

10. Posting form data to ASP page

11. Posting Data from a VB Form to an ASP Page

12. Passing data from an Activex Form to an ASP page