# error 3131 # vb 6.0 pro importing errors
Author Message
 # error 3131 # vb 6.0 pro importing errors

Is your code in Access?  And do you mean Access as in .MDB?  Is the text
file delimited in some way?  There is a text import wizard in Access and it
works pretty well.
Quote:

>I have been at this all weekend. How do I import a text file into a access
>file.

>what gives.

>vb 6.0 pro

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 # error 3131 # vb 6.0 pro importing errors
Hey Scott-
The easy part about this is to simply write a text file to a field in a
database table.  You can set up a data control in either ADO or DAO and set up
your connection and then bind the textbox to the field in the DB.  Then use
the AddNew and Update methods of the Recordset object.

If you want to import a CSV or tab delimited file, you would have to access
the functionality OF Access FROM VB.  You can declare an instance of the
Application and then send commands from within VB....

Quote:

> I have been at this all weekend. How do I import a text file into a access
> file.

> what gives.

> vb 6.0 pro

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. # error 3131 # vb 6.0 pro importing errors

2. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

3. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

4. run-time error '3131'

5. Error on import Eudora Pro

6. Protocol error with/in TDS Stream - Error in Crystal 6.0

7. 3.0 Pro to 4.0 Pro error

8. Strange errors in VB 5 Pro.

9. Error -1209 in VB 3.0 Pro

10. Error in VB 3,0 Pro Help???

11. Strange errors in VB 5 Pro.

12. Unexpected Error ; abandon (Vb 4.0 Pro)