ActiveX Document Confusions
Author Message
 ActiveX Document Confusions

Have been doing some reading about AX Documents, and have run into a few
confusions, can anyone help me?

When I run my project, which includes numerous AX documents, VB6 generates
temporary *.vbd files for each .dob file in my project.
These temporary *.vbd files are created inside my C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Basic\VB98 folder.

I am using the following syntax in my project to navigate between documents:
    Userdocument.Hyperlink.NavigateTo   App.Path &   "/AnotherDoc.vbd"

In order to have my links work, I'm finding I'm having to place all my
project files inside the \VB98 folder, instead of inside a subfolder where
I'd prefer. Is this the normal method for development of AX projects???
Seems awfully restrictive to me. Is there any way inside VB6 to configure
temporary *.vbd files to be located elsewhere on the drive, like inside the
current projects folder where they should be??

Thanks Much!
Owen Schwer

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:23:11 GMT

1. ODBC driver confusions

2. Collections = Confusions

3. sizing an Activex Document to the document size in IE

4. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

5. ActiveX or ActiveX Document???

6. Hosting a WebBrowser Control Inside ActiveX Document or ActiveX Control to be Ho

7. ActiveX Documents containing ActiveX Components - Internet download problem

8. Intranet application with ActiveX Document and Activex Server Component

9. Intranet application with ActiveX Document and Activex Server Component

10. Accessing IE Frames from VB5 ActiveX Documents

11. Help Request: System Error when trying to save a word document with embedded ActiveX controls

12. Visio as a ActiveX Document