How to clean up string entries in html forms? Syntax Question
Author Message
 How to clean up string entries in html forms? Syntax Question

Hi,

Could someone help me out with cleaning up string entries in html forms? eg
getting rid of "/" and decimal points etc, to validate user input into a
database. any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sean

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 07:35:27 GMT
 How to clean up string entries in html forms? Syntax Question

Quote:
>Hi,

>Could someone help me out with cleaning up string entries in html forms? eg
>getting rid of "/" and decimal points etc, to validate user input into a
>database. any help would be appreciated

Depends exactly what "cleaning up" means. You can get rid of slashes by:

str = replace(str,"/","")

and similar for removing other unwanted chars.

You need to know exactly what you should remove, what you should leave
and what should be reported as an error. This all depends on what input
you want from the user.

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "{*filter*}ferret" if replying by e-mail

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:22:10 GMT

1. Newbie - Question with ASP Syntax using Request.Form in string

2. File Type syntax using a string to create entry HELP

3. What is the syntax for referencing a form via a string

4. Cleaning HTML Code

5. HTML Cleaner-upper

6. Syntax question for Forms collection

7. Passing an HTML string to a parent VB form

8. syntax question for email form

9. data entry form question

10. a html string question

11. test question for the vb suck-ups out there

12. cleaning a string