How can I look at a web server html lastmodified date
Author Message
 How can I look at a web server html lastmodified date

Please, I am very new at this. I was asked to write a vb
program that will download newly updated files to our web
server from our test Web server on a regular basis.

I suppose I will need to upload the production files to
the test server and then compare the dates, then I copy
them over to production if the test files were modified:

Do I use the Internet control (inet) to get the files ? It
seems it will not bring back the LastModifiedDate info
like the FileSystemObject would, but I don't see any
examples on how to get files from a web server with FSO.
Also there is a userid and password involved.
Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:58:51 GMT

1. Looking for Web Host running Crystal Web Server

2. Looking 4 Canned Control

3. Looking for a web server OCX control

4. Parse HTML w/ No Web-Server

5. read/etitw to access database on web server from html page

6. HTML input / parse / no web-server

7. HOWTO: Create a component to retrieve HTML data from another web server

8. LastModified and SQL-Server.

9. LastModified in SQL Server

10. Find Lastmodified Record on SQL Server

11. Check date of file on web server

12. Problem with dates in Crystal Web Server