Reload registry without quiting IE?
Author Message
 Reload registry without quiting IE?

I'm hosting a WebBrowser in Visual Basic.  When my app is
running, I want to turn off inline images in the browser
window.  This article shows how to change the registry:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

The following does the job:

  SetKeyValue "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", _
        "Display Inline Images", "no", REG_SZ

But it only affects new browser windows.  Browsers that are
already open when the change is made continue to display
inline images.

In my VB app, I have a WebBrowser as part of my form, so
it's already loaded by the time I change the registry.  How
can I either reload it or cause it to reload the registry?

After resetting the registry value above, I can get an open
Internet Explorer window to stop showing images by bringing
up the Tools/Internet Options... dialog and immediately
hitting "ok".  So hitting "ok" must cause the browser to
reload the registry.  How can I do the same thing from my VB
host?

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:31:02 GMT

1. Back button in IE 4 reloads ActiveX Doc

2. Back button in IE 4 reloads ActiveX Doc

3. Data access without reloading page

4. adding rows without reloading the page

5. Populating a second list box depending on the results of the first, without reloading ASP page

6. Sending data between open pages without reloading

7. ? How to force reload of wininet registry option ?

8. ? How to force reload of wininet registry option ?

9. ? How to force reload of wininet registry option ?

10. Opening IE from Word VBA without scroll bars

11. Easy to use Checkboxes without using Macros or Forced opening of Word documents outside IE

12. Install .net framwork WITHOUT having IE installed?