How to programmatically access IE's modal dialog box
Author Message
 How to programmatically access IE's modal dialog box

Hi There,

I trying to automate WEB GUI testing of our web application by simulating
user action.

I was able to simulate the onclick, onselect etc. using VB's 'CallByName'
function.

But I am stuck when the application throws a modal dialog box.

How would I programmatically access the elements in the modal dialog box?

Regards,
Sasee

Tue, 20 Dec 2005 01:47:47 GMT
 How to programmatically access IE's modal dialog box
I hope to *** i'm wrong, but this is totally impossible.
It would be a hell of a security breach for warnings or dialogs to open,
then for the client(page) to be able to close,agree,ignore etc the popups.

I'm gonna watch this thread reaaaally closely. :)

Quote:
> Hi There,

> I trying to automate WEB GUI testing of our web application by simulating
> user action.

> I was able to simulate the onclick, onselect etc. using VB's 'CallByName'
> function.

> But I am stuck when the application throws a modal dialog box.

> How would I programmatically access the elements in the modal dialog box?

> Regards,
> Sasee

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:22:04 GMT

1. Howto programmatically access elemets of IE modal dialog box

2. Dialog Boxes - Application Modal vs. System Modal

3. shdocvw ShellWindows doesn't work on modal IE windows

4. Making Open Dialog box modal

5. Showing Modal Dialog Boxes in COM Add-Ins

6. Excel Add-in displaying non-modal dialog box

7. Modal Dialog Boxes

8. Timers and Modal Dialog Box

9. Always-On-Top non-modal dialog box?

10. System Modal Dialog Box

11. Problem with Tabbed Dialog Box SSTab in modal form

12. VB system modal dialog boxes