Problems with Winsock Control
Author Message
 Problems with Winsock Control

I have a VB6 project which used to contain a Winsock control. Somehow,
the Winsock has become a PictureBox. I've seen that behaviour before -
VB likes to replace any control it can't load with a Picture Box
control with the same name. Well, there's no Winsock showing in the
toolbox, so I'll try and put it back. So, off the menus, Project -
Components - (Controls tab) ... scroll down ... there it is -
'Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 (SP5)' - and it isn't checked. I'll
check it. Click Apply. I get the message 'Name conflicts with existing
module, project, or object library'. Well, there's nothing in my
project named Winsock (although there was until I renamed a Property
Set in one of my classes from 'Winsock' to 'Socket', but that didn't
help.

Any ideas?

Andy Ellis

Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:06:28 GMT
 Problems with Winsock Control
The VB project file (vbp) has become corrupted.

Take a copy of it and then open it in Notepad - Delete the line refering to
the Winsock control, save the vbp, and reopen in VB.

You should now be able to add the Winsock back in via Components.

--
Rob

Why not ask for a low cost development quote from our MCSD qualified staff

http://www.dotNetDevelopment.co.uk/

Quote:
> I have a VB6 project which used to contain a Winsock control. Somehow,
> the Winsock has become a PictureBox. I've seen that behaviour before -
> VB likes to replace any control it can't load with a Picture Box
> control with the same name. Well, there's no Winsock showing in the
> toolbox, so I'll try and put it back. So, off the menus, Project -
> Components - (Controls tab) ... scroll down ... there it is -
> 'Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 (SP5)' - and it isn't checked. I'll
> check it. Click Apply. I get the message 'Name conflicts with existing
> module, project, or object library'. Well, there's nothing in my
> project named Winsock (although there was until I renamed a Property
> Set in one of my classes from 'Winsock' to 'Socket', but that didn't
> help.

> Any ideas?

> Andy Ellis

Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:36:35 GMT
 Problems with Winsock Control
Rob,

Thanks - that did the trick.

Andy

Quote:
> The VB project file (vbp) has become corrupted.

> Take a copy of it and then open it in Notepad - Delete the line
refering to
> the Winsock control, save the vbp, and reopen in VB.

> You should now be able to add the Winsock back in via Components.

> --
> Rob

> Why not ask for a low cost development quote from our MCSD qualified
staff

> http://www.dotNetDevelopment.co.uk/

> > I have a VB6 project which used to contain a Winsock control.
Somehow,
> > the Winsock has become a PictureBox. I've seen that behaviour
before -
> > VB likes to replace any control it can't load with a Picture Box
> > control with the same name. Well, there's no Winsock showing in
the
> > toolbox, so I'll try and put it back. So, off the menus, Project -
> > Components - (Controls tab) ... scroll down ... there it is -
> > 'Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 (SP5)' - and it isn't checked. I'll
> > check it. Click Apply. I get the message 'Name conflicts with
existing
> > module, project, or object library'. Well, there's nothing in my
> > project named Winsock (although there was until I renamed a
Property
> > Set in one of my classes from 'Winsock' to 'Socket', but that
didn't
> > help.

> > Any ideas?

> > Andy Ellis

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:52:49 GMT

1. Problems using winsock control in an ActtiveX DLL

2. problem with winsock control

3. Problems in winsock control

4. Problems with winsock control

5. Problems with Winsock control

6. File upload problem with winsock control

7. A problem with Winsock Control

8. Problems with winsock control for telnet

9. Problem with Winsock Control

10. Odd problem with Winsock control

11. Local Port problem with winsock control

12. Problem with Winsock Control Array