how to make ActiveX project
Author Message
 how to make ActiveX project

I have made a VB project with SQL 7 at backend .. its working fine .. now i
want to ship it to internet to run in IE.. I made the same in ActiveX DLL
form.. now when i run on the same PC where i have done the development, and
where my original VB software is also installed, it works fine, but when i
try to access the project through another PC using

Http://servername/project

It asks to download the file and the project doesnt run.
can anyone guide me what could be the problem and how to resolve..

--
Thanks in advance
regards

Sajid

Fri, 09 Apr 2004 21:38:21 GMT
 how to make ActiveX project
Sajid,

    I Believe you should create and installation package to be deployed in
the client machine. Because your project is using components (Dlls and OCXs)
that may not be available in the client machine. The installation and
deployment wizard in Vb could help you to fix that.

Bye,
Marcos Galvani

MCP - VB6

Quote:
> I have made a VB project with SQL 7 at backend .. its working fine .. now
> want to ship it to internet to run in IE.. I made the same in ActiveX DLL
> form.. now when i run on the same PC where i have done the development,
and
> where my original VB software is also installed, it works fine, but when i
> try to access the project through another PC using

> Http://servername/project

> It asks to download the file and the project doesnt run.
> can anyone guide me what could be the problem and how to resolve..

> --
> Thanks in advance
> regards

> Sajid

Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:44:33 GMT

1. ActiveX DLL project creates project with a FORM ?

2. ActiveX project locks up project group

3. ActiveX control in ActiveX EXE project without form?

4. Making a MS Project file in VB 6.0

5. Problem in making Loop ( Computer 131 class project )

6. Making a project (*.exe) with socket APIs

7. Making a exe file froma a eVB project

8. ActiveX image object makes image blury

9. making activeX work on client

10. Making an ActiveX control

11. making standard VB EXE to ActiveX EXE?

12. Making an ActiveX DLL?