Permission problem with WebClass DLL and ADO database 
Author Message
 Permission problem with WebClass DLL and ADO database

I'm getting the error info down below returned below.  I have VB6 -
WebClass ISAPI service that receives info from the Request.QueryString
variable and writes it to ADO database.  Here are the particulars:

I'm running Windows 2000 Server Edition with IIS 5.0.

It's a System DSN database using the Microsoft Access Driver.  The
directory that it is in has Read/Execute access for the IUSR_ internet
guest account.  I'm using server-side cursors with Pessimistic locking
and Read/Write permission set and no others for the connection.  No
authorization required currently.  It "tests" fine in the connection I
defined for it in the Data Environment Designer connection I added for
it.

In the WebClass Start() event I grab the QueryString's contents and
write them to the database using rs.AddNew, !Field = (value retrieved
from QueryString), .Update.

I have given IUSR_ read/execute permissions to the \Program
Files\Common\ directory where the MDAC DLL's are, and the
/InetPub/wwwroot/WebClassDLL directory.  I also hand-registered the ado
DLL MSADO15.dll with regsvr32.  I then did a full reboot just in case.

I can run the browser GET that triggers the WebClass DLL successfully
from the server but not from a remote machine (over the Internet).
However, I CAN run successfully from a remote Internet client IF I have
the WebClass dll running in the VB6 IDE/de{*filter*}.  I remember having to
do some DCOMCNFG security property changes and a registry modifcation to
get the VB ASP Debugging services to run without getting the 800a01ad
error, and the changes fixed that.

Another symptom is if I load the VB6 IDE with the WebClass DLL and do
some testing, and then close down the IDE, the error changes from the
0x800A9C68 to the 0x800a01ad error.

Note: I have "cache ISAPI extensions" turned off so the DLL gets reload
each request for now, until I fix this.

So it's obviously a permissions thing, but does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
Peter.
--------------- Error info
Technical Information (for support personnel)

       Error Type:
       Project1 (0x800A9C68)
       Application-defined or object-defined error
       /TestString1/SendAString.ASP, line 13

       Browser Type:
       Mozilla/4.7 [en] (Win95; I)

       Page:
       GET /TestString1/SendAString.ASP?string=whynotme

       Time:
       Friday, June 09, 2000, 4:52:04 PM

       More information:



Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 1 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problem with ADO database access from VB6 - WebClass/IIS 5.0

2. Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem

3. WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem

4. Webclass - ADO and SQL Problem - Help NEEDED!

5. Permissions for WebClass Application

6. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

7. check permissions in the MS Access system database with ADO

8. Checking User Permissions to Database via ADO

9. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

10. Checking User Permissions to Database via ADO

11. Permission problems using ADO, Jet4.0 with dBaseIV

12. ASP calling dll - permissions problem.

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software