How to develope an Intranet Application using Vb6.0
Author Message
 How to develope an Intranet Application using Vb6.0

Dear All,

Can anyone helpe on this subject ?

I'm using VB and SQL 2k. Now I want to develope an applicaion which
whould be accesible for our staff via our Intranet. The application I
have to develope is a samml program which is basically to print the
invoices. I will have only 2 tables.

But, I don't know where to start. I neve done any Web/or Intranet
application so far. I know that we an IIS server. Please advise what are
the tools require for this and where to install the tables and programs.
I will use SQL 2k as backend databse and it will be server side
application.

Appreciat any of your help on this... As the matter is urgent kindly
help me at the earliest...

many thanks in advance...

regards,

Ahmed Jewahar

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:44:14 GMT
 How to develope an Intranet Application using Vb6.0
That's a big question for such a little space and there is no way to
give an absolute answer.  When I get acked questions like that in
person, I usually probe to find out exactly what their environment is
and what they expect to do in the fiture.  At a minimum.

Still,  the two most likely choices are:

1. Develop a couple of web pages in ASP that perform the same
functionality as the VB application.  The business rule processing could
still take place in VB components.

2. Convert your VB application to a DLL and build a .CAB file for it.
Develop a web page that inserts the DLL using the <OBJECT> tag and
launches your application when the page is loaded.

That should give you an idea of where to look next.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:56:07 GMT

1. If I purchase VB 4.0 can I develope 3.0 applications

2. How to develope a multilingual application?

3. Search Engine for the WEB (Intranet-IIS) - Using VB6

4. Using VB6 over intranet to check/upload file components (Newbie)

5. Using VB6 over private intranet to check/upload file components (newbie)

6. from intranet application to internet application

7. Internet Intranet applications whith VB

8. Pros and Cons of Intranet application

9. Internet Explorer - ASP based Intranet Application

10. Developing VB applications for intranet

11. Downloading application from intranet...

12. Internet/Intranet VB Application