Macro to save html source
Author Message
 Macro to save html source

Having a major problem.  I'm using powerpoint and I need to get the
user to type in the URL of a web page.  This is fine, but then I need
to get internet explorer to open up in the background (hidden), open
the web page and save the html source to a file.  Is this possible? I
was thinking there might be problems with allowing time for the web
page to finish downloading before saving the source.  If this is not
feasible, are there any other options?

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:28:38 GMT
 Macro to save html source
use the Internet transfer control. It allows you to get the web page as raw
data and it has no visible interface. It also has appropriate events to
check whether loading is complete.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> Having a major problem.  I'm using powerpoint and I need to get the
> user to type in the URL of a web page.  This is fine, but then I need
> to get internet explorer to open up in the background (hidden), open
> the web page and save the html source to a file.  Is this possible? I
> was thinking there might be problems with allowing time for the web
> page to finish downloading before saving the source.  If this is not
> feasible, are there any other options?

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:33:37 GMT

1. Macro - Format Text / Save As HTML / Format Source

2. Saving HTML Source code from application/script

3. Saving the Source HTML using SHDOCVW.DLL

4. WebBrowser Save HTML Source ?

5. A macro to save excel files as html ?

6. creating a rule or vb macro to save messages as HTML

7. Record 'Save as HTML' Macro

8. Word 97 SR-1 - Macro command for Application.SaveAs does not save in HTML format

9. VBScript Accessing HTML Source on Protected HTML Page

10. Saving HTML/rich format into HTML file

11. Save current html page as html file

12. Saving without saving macros