WebClass designer problem
Author Message
 WebClass designer problem

hello

I still can't find an answer to my problem :
webclass designer on VB6 SP3 on windows 2000 advanced server(Beta) does not
load because it can't
recognize that IIS 5 is installed (although it is installed and i have set
security permisions) .
if anyone knows how to solve this problem please let me know . (msdn does
not provide an answer currently)

thank you,

erez

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WebClass designer problem
I had exactly the same problem trying to use Peer Web Services. In the end I
had to use Personal Web Server (available from the NT4 Option Pack). I've no
idea if it works on Windows 2000 though.

Quote:
> hello

> I still can't find an answer to my problem :
> webclass designer on VB6 SP3 on windows 2000 advanced server(Beta) does
not
> load because it can't
> recognize that IIS 5 is installed (although it is installed and i have set
> security permisions) .
> if anyone knows how to solve this problem please let me know . (msdn does
> not provide an answer currently)

> thank you,

> erez

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WebClass designer problem
I say forget Web Class, use remote scripting until VB7,  can anyone from MS
confirm that Web classes will be around in the next version of VS?

Quote:
> I had exactly the same problem trying to use Peer Web Services. In the end
> had to use Personal Web Server (available from the NT4 Option Pack). I've
no
> idea if it works on Windows 2000 though.

> > hello

> > I still can't find an answer to my problem :
> > webclass designer on VB6 SP3 on windows 2000 advanced server(Beta) does
> not
> > load because it can't
> > recognize that IIS 5 is installed (although it is installed and i have
set
> > security permisions) .
> > if anyone knows how to solve this problem please let me know . (msdn
does
> > not provide an answer currently)

> > thank you,

> > erez

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WebClass designer problem
Hi,

WebClasses is just a designer, so there should be no reason for MS
to dump it. The preferred Web App technique in VS7, however, will
be "Web Forms". But if your app is well designed, the transition
should be fairly easy.

Also, keep in mind that VS7 is propably still another year away, and
Web Forms will most likely require IIS5 (which many organizations may
not use at that time). There will always be a "next version" of VS
around the corner that will be better than the current one, and you
can't spend your life waiting for it if you want to get things done.
I, for one, didn't wait for WebClasses when ASP was the rage. I'm not
waiting for Web Forms now. And I won't wait for VS8 when VS7 is
released.

Basically, I simply use the best tool available at any given time.
Sure, I may have to migrate one day, but as I said, if your app is
reasonably well designed, it's no excruciating task, and at the end
of the day it is still better than using an inferior tool IMHO.

Regards,

    /Olof

Quote:
> I say forget Web Class, use remote scripting until VB7, can anyone
from MS
> confirm that Web classes will be around in the next version of VS?

> > I had exactly the same problem trying to use Peer Web Services. In
the end
> > had to use Personal Web Server (available from the NT4 Option
Pack). I've
> no
> > idea if it works on Windows 2000 though.

> > > hello

> > > I still can't find an answer to my problem :
> > > webclass designer on VB6 SP3 on windows 2000 advanced server
(Beta) does
> > not
> > > load because it can't
> > > recognize that IIS 5 is installed (although it is installed and i
have
> set
> > > security permisions) .
> > > if anyone knows how to solve this problem please let me know .
(msdn
> does
> > > not provide an answer currently)

> > > thank you,

> > > erez

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 WebClass Designer Problem: "Unspecified Error Has Occured"

2. IIS webclass designer won't load

3. Crystal Report Designer on a WebClass Application

4. Webclass problem loading .htm in IFRAME

5. Webclass Problem processing tags

6. Webclass problem with Substitution Tag

7. WebClass Application Deployment Problems

8. an emergent problem, in the VB WebClass solution

9. Accessing webclass app problems from the server

10. WEBClass strange problem, pls help

11. WebClass problem

12. Permission problem with WebClass DLL and ADO database