nslookup
Author Message
 nslookup

Hello everyone,

I have a question on nslookup.
I am at c prompt: when I type nslookup, it displays an error message "
*** Can't find server name for address 200.xx.xxx.xx: Non-existent
domain
Default server: secondary_dns.ca.xx  address: 201.xx.xxx.xx "
I know that my primary dns is up and running...
I would like the nslookup points to primary dns instead of secondery
dns; I use the set command. It still does not anything.
Could someone help me please........

Thank advan
Ray

Mon, 10 May 2004 00:59:25 GMT
 nslookup
nslookup will do a reverse lookup on the dns servers ip to get its name.
the reverse lookup doesn't work. no problem. you could add reverse lookup
for
your subnets if you like.

nslookup will take the client config. (secondary_dns.ca.xx )
user the server command to use a different server.

Quote:
> Hello everyone,

> I have a question on nslookup.
> I am at c prompt: when I type nslookup, it displays an error message "
> *** Can't find server name for address 200.xx.xxx.xx: Non-existent
> domain
> Default server: secondary_dns.ca.xx  address: 201.xx.xxx.xx "
> I know that my primary dns is up and running...
> I would like the nslookup points to primary dns instead of secondery
> dns; I use the set command. It still does not anything.
> Could someone help me please........

> Thank advan
> Ray

Wed, 12 May 2004 07:43:01 GMT

1. Help!: Need to use Whois through VB. Nslookup not good enough to fin IP site names

2. nslookup code or help

3. Nslookup in VB

4. nslookup using WMI

5. nsLookup Re. validating email address

6. Problems calling NSLOOKUP with vbs

7. nslookup.exe (How do I)

8. nslookup

9. nslookup