Visual Interdev doesn't see server
Author Message
 Visual Interdev doesn't see server

Hi,

This is a little source to solve your problem. Please remember, IE 4.01 and IE
5, are not similar kernel configuration on Windows 98. After you upgrade your IE
to 5, you must reinstall your PWS again from your Windows 98 CD installer. It
usually will replace your old PWS configuration. Remember, to backup your files
to other directory before replacing.

I think this is a little solution from me. I have tried this and successfully.
Remember to backup your file first before you to do this. Try it...

See you,

Riasto

Quote:

> Hello everyone, I am new to this newsgroup and I am having a similar problem
> and it's driving me around the twist: I installed a trial version of Visual
> InterDev 6 to learn this product before buying, I was using IE 4.01, Windows
> 98 and PWS - I am developing and testing on the one machine.  Everything was
> going fine until I upgraded to IE 5, now I can't get a new project started
> as the following message explains: "Server error:Unable to access
> configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server".  Other messages that
> appear are: "Unable to contact Web Server http://Computer1" (my computer
> name).  Then I resorted back to IE 4.01 and got everything working again but
> after reading your comments on this newsgroup I upgraded again to IE 5 but
> after trying out your suggestions it still is not working for me.

> I would be glad of any help on the matter.

> Manus Marron.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:12:47 GMT

1. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

2. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

3. Visual Interdev doesn't see server

4. Visual Basic Server Components in Visual Interdev

5. Visual Basic Server Components in Visual Interdev

6. Visual Basic Server Components in Visual Interdev

7. ReadProperties event doesn't fire in InterDev 6.0

8. ReadProperties event doesn't fire in InterDev 6.0

9. Visual Interdev: 'thisPage' is undefined

10. Windows 2000, VB Script, Visual InterDev and SQL Server 7

11. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

12. Using ISAPI and Visual Interdev WWW Server?