OnPageStart Problem
Author Message
 OnPageStart Problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a web app using a com dll. When the OnStartPage event
fires, I get an error. Here it is:

An error occurred in the OnStartPage method of an external object.

Here is the code for the dll:

Option Explicit
Private oContext As ASPTypeLibrary.ScriptingContext
Private MyResponse As ASPTypeLibrary.Response

Public Sub SayHello()
'  Set MyResponse = oContext("Response")
  oContext.Response.Write "Hello World"
End Sub

Public Sub OnStartPage(TheContext As ASPTypeLibrary.ScriptingContext)
   Set oContext = TheContext
End Sub

Here is the code for the asp page:

 Dim objPage
Set objPage = Server.CreateObject("ASPInVB.clsTest1")
objPage.sayhello

Pretty simple code. Any help as to why this is not working would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:17:10 GMT
 OnPageStart Problem
Have you enabled ASP Sessions for your web site?

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:42:10 GMT
 OnPageStart Problem
User Server.CreateObject instead of CreateObject from the ASP Page.

HTH
--
Trevor Benedict R
Microsoft Certified Professional

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:00:14 GMT

1. problems problems problems

2. Problems, Problems, Problems.....

3. Problem!Problem!Grid Problem!

4. Problems, problems, problems...

5. The 3048-Problem - Please, MS FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

6. Mask for dates problem; Save failed problem

7. Bookmark problem partly solved, but I got another problem

8. VSA - MethodInfo.Invoke Problem/Reflection Problem

9. Instalation Problem + Class problem (automation) (VB+Access)

10. datagrid problem or SQL problem?

11. Drop and Drag Problem and Deployment Problem in VB 50 Enterprise

12. OLE DROP AND DRAG PROBLEM AND DEPLOYMENT PROBLEM