vbscript
Author Message
 vbscript

I have been trying to convert an existing vb6 application into a web version. It
appears that recreating it as an ASP website seems best (there is no real way to
import the project to have it automaticly converted). I use MS visual studio 6.0
sp4 enterprise, IE 5.5, Win2Ksp1, and Interdev and ask.

1. I have attaeched a file (page) that has both VBScript and JavaScript. Can both
exist and fucntion on the same page? I've seen other developer's examples but
when I bring them over I can't seem to get the vbscript to function. I can get
both to function independant but not on the same page. I've tried putting the
vbscript in different places in the page without success. Since my pages are asp
pages and I'm using a session check for Loggedin= true users can go to this page
because the validation won't work.

2. The page, which is attached, uses javascript for a "toolbar" type menu. I have
not found another way other than javascript to provide this. I'm trying to give
the user the same client/server feel of my VB "form" page. MS puts out some old
pages of a MS Toolbar 2.0 which apparently was some sort of standard. But again
MS even wrote this in Javascript w/.js script files. What ever happened to the
ToolBar routine? Search MSN for "MS Toolbar 2.0" to find pages.

3. I've played with VS .net and it seems that you will be able to import VB
projects and convert them.

Thanx
chris

  CCMainMenu.html
2K Download

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:37:59 GMT
 vbscript
You run server side code in the htm file, but the htm file runs at client
side.

If  we call scripts on the server, we should reload the Web page or use
remote scripting. But remote scripting has some limitation, for more
detailed information regarding Q229661 - HOWTO: Use Client-Side VBScript
with Remote Scripting
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q229/6/61.ASP

Regards,

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:42:57 GMT
 vbscript
I feel stupid, the asp vbscript requires the page to be an .asp page. I was
listing (saving) it as a .html page. Therefore, the vb routines where not running.

What about the rest of my post?

chris

Quote:
You run server side code in the htm file, but the htm file runs at client
side.

If  we call scripts on the server, we should reload the Web page or use
remote scripting. But remote scripting has some limitation, for more
detailed information regarding Q229661 - HOWTO: Use Client-Side VBScript
with Remote Scripting
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q229/6/61.ASP

Regards,

.

Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:12:05 GMT
 vbscript
For compatibility across both Microsoft and Netscape browser, we should use
JScript or javascript at client side script.

For VS.Net, it will convert your project into VB7 project, a new and
different framework.

Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:32:20 GMT
 vbscript
IIS will handle your VBS inside .html. You don't have to use .asp

I feel stupid, the asp vbscript requires the page to be an .asp page. I was
listing (saving) it as a .html page. Therefore, the vb routines where not
running.

What about the rest of my post?

chris

Quote:
You run server side code in the htm file, but the htm file runs at client
side.

If  we call scripts on the server, we should reload the Web page or use
remote scripting. But remote scripting has some limitation, for more
detailed information regarding Q229661 - HOWTO: Use Client-Side VBScript
with Remote Scripting
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q229/6/61.ASP

Regards,

.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:20:47 GMT

1. VBScript in a VBScript...Help

2. VBScript in a VBScript help

3. VBScript in a VBScript?......Help

4. How to create collection in VBScript, precisely in a vbscript class

5. repeating in VBScript for VBScript GODS!

6. VBScript 1.0 VS VBScript 2.0

7. Returning a value from one vbscript to another vbscript

8. VBScript in a VBScript help

9. execute vbscript within vbscript

10. VBScript 5.1.5907 vs. VBScript 5.5.5207

11. Calling a second VBScript from within another VBscript

12. How to create collection in VBScript, precisely in a vbscript class