OutputDebugString Bug in Win2000
Author Message
 OutputDebugString Bug in Win2000

Hopefully, this is the correct group to post this but does
anyone have any info on this. I'm currently trying to
upgrade my webservers from NT4 to Win2000. Everything is
fine except for my debug utility which we use to determine
customer errors. I assume that this is related to my COM
object which runs under IIS with a guest account. Any
suggestions on how to get it to work?

Thanks.

BUG: OutputDebugString Output Fails to Appear on Windows
2000

---------------------

Microsoft Win32 Application Programming Interface (API),
used with:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

---------------------

SYMPTOMS
If a process calls the OutputDebugString() API under the
context of a user account who is not a member of the
Administrators group and the process is not being
debugged, the output will not be shown by Dbmon or similar
debug output monitor tools.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft
products listed at the beginning of this article.

MORE INFORMATION
Calling the OutputDebugString() API works correctly if the
caller is either LocalSystem or a member of the local
Administrators group.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:56:10 GMT

1. Win2000 File Share Mapping bug

2. ComboBox bug in Win2000??

3. GetPrivateProfileString - bug under Win2000

4. Win2000 File Share Mapping bug

5. VB6 and OutputDebugString

6. Where does OutputDebugString go?

7. Using OutputDebugString too much can cause slowness in GUI response

8. OutputDebugString question

9. OutputdebugString

10. How do I call OutputDebugString API from VB

11. Outputdebugstring in VB 6.0 exe

12. OutputDebugString API doesn't work under win95?